Why 50/50 blend?

Everyone will probably have a different opinion, but here goes. I tested 4627 (Comfort) extensively and loved it. It has the absolute best scent throw in the world. Problem is that it's sticky (like vaseline) and was hard to wick. If you don't mind dealing with the mess, I would personally choose the 4627 Comfort blend and mix it with Ecosoya CB Pure.

I recently mixed some J50 (which would be my second choice after 4627) with Ecosoya CB Pure. I did a 70/30 mix (soy/paraffin). The top set up super flat, color looks amazing and cold throw is great! I haven't burned it yet though - waiting for it to cure. So this combo would be my second choice.

Seriously though - the 4627 is a great wax, but it is super messy and some people just don't want to deal with that (me included, lol). But it can hold a lot of fragrance and throws like nothing else I've tried.

I absolutely agree with this. The 4627 (albeit a pain) to me has the best hot and cold throw out there, and mixed with a pure soy, such as Ecosoya CB pure, at either 50/50 or 70/30, I'm sure would be wonderful. J50 is another excellent choice for a paraffin, and is a bit more user-friendly than the Comfort Blend. This would be another option. If you do use Comfort Blend with the CB pure, play around with low-smoke zincs, LX's, and CD's. You'll find that a 50/50 blend wicks quite similarly to a straight-up paraffin wax...but you'll need to do some experimenting.

Oh, and just a tip if you choose the Comfort Blend for your paraffin...use one of those ice cream scoopers with the handle that releases the scoop...plop it onto your scale, and once you have the right amount, plop it into your melting pot. It is a messy wax (probably the sloppiest gooey stuff on the market), but most FO's adhere to this stuff like crazy, thus giving it it's excellent scent throw. If you can deal with the texture and consistency and get the wicking down, it is fabulous stuff!