Lesson learned

Ok, after making container candles for a few years, I've got hooked on making pillar candles, I LOVE IT. I have a mold that holds 2 pounds of wax and was looking for something to plug the wick hole with (could'nt find my putty) Thought to myself, self why not use duct tape? DO NOT DO IT! Two pounds of wax all over the counter and floor in the kitchen! Glad wife did'nt throw a fit, guess she lokes candles too much to get mad.

BTW the metal tape works well, it has a higher heat rating.

Yep been there done that! Another tip, put the mold in a baking pan you no longer want to use for food. I use cake pans, or metal lasagne pans...something with a 1 or 2 inch depth for the larger molds...

Was just going to recommend to do the same thing. Trust us it is woth the bother to get the pan out each time. Or just leave it sitting out, in everyone's way(but yours LOL).

Yep been there done that! Another tip, put the mold in a baking pan you no longer want to use for food. I use cake pans, or metal lasagne pans...something with a 1 or 2 inch depth for the larger molds...

Yea, wife had the same tip AFTER the spill:)

The metal tape does work well. I use it all the time. Typically called repair tape. I've seen instructions to bandage the bottom of your mold with the stuff, but I just use a square piece over the hole and smooth it down thoroughly. Very reliable and less of a pain in the butt than putty.