Revisiting Candlescience Mistletoe Replacements

GoldieMN

Over a year ago, there was a discussion with two or three alternative Mistletoe fragrances to replace the CS reformulated fragrance.  How did the testing go for those ordering from these different suppliers?  I ordered one from Midwest Fragrance Company a month ago and got very little hot throw.

GoldieMN

15 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Does anyone have an ounce or two of the original? We can send it out and have it made. 

I actually found an ounce bottle of it!  Does it make a difference how old it is?  I also have a little left in the big bottle but not an ounce.

GoldieMN

2 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

I actually found an ounce bottle of it!  Does it make a difference how old it is?  I also have a little left in the big bottle but not an ounce.

GoldieMN

If it has been stored well, and does not smell “off” it should work. Sometimes the older formulations are premium as they predate a lot of the awful changes.

On 12/7/2022 at 8:22 PM, TallTayl said:

Does anyone have an ounce or two of the original? We can send it out and have it made. 

Pretty sure I do - I will check to make sure ….I know I have the reformulated one but I’m thinking I got me some original still  

I have finally determined (or maybe the correct word is realized) that I am willing to help with costs of reformulating some of the excellent FO’s we can no longer get. I’ve avoided this because I am a super small maker - mostly for myself and sell candles at my cost (story you probably aren’t interested in) so cost has always been a factor. But keep me in mind as a participant in these endeavors. 

• Like 1