GM Cherry Almond CP pics...be gentle

michelleB

Ok, thought maybe it was time I took my turn and posted some pics of my soapin, lol. I've got several batches under my belt now but I still consider myself a newbie because there's always sooooooo much to learn. Anyway, these are my goat milk soaps scented Cherry Almond, with a half-assed swirl using red mica...that didn't go all the way through the soap, but oh well. They smell sooooooooooo YUMMAY!! And lather like a dream too, so I'm tickled to death with em!

Here's a close-up of the pitiful swirl that only went about 1/2 the depth of the bar:

[ATTACH]4479[/ATTACH]

And here they are wrapped up and ready to go:

[ATTACH]4478[/ATTACH]

No matter how many "almosts" I make though, it only inspires me to keep on keepin-on!! I'm just gonna give this batch to my close friends and then try the swirl again for the "real thing". Wish me luck!

post-1817-139458392361_thumb.jpg

post-1817-139458392364_thumb.jpg

Very very nice, I think that red mica looks beautiful there and even though the swirls may have not gone all the way through, they sure look good on top. :D

Ymmm I'm smelling Jergens right now thinking of the cherry almond scent you used, love that smell. :D

I love your label wraps also, very nice without taking away from the soap, they actually make the soap stand out, I really like those. Do you use card stock or just reg. paper?? How do you get them to stick?

Oh gosh you guys, ...er, gals! Thanks soooooo much for saying such nice things. Ya know, I was really nervous about putting the pics up because I look at everybody else's soaps and they're always so gorgeous! I'm gonna keep working at the swirl though, til I can get it just right. Too stubborn for my own good, so I can't just give up. :)

Michi -- I used a Word template that I found somewhere on the web (don't remember exactly where) and I just modified it for my own use. Prints out 4-to-a-page cigar band style labels, and I used a buff colored cardstock. Then I just cut them on my paper cutter (I cheat and print lines to cut on, cuz I can't cut straight without em). I wrap the labels around my soaps and use a dab of hot glue to hold it together in the back. So far, so good. No problems with it not staying together, and I don't have to wait for glue to dry.

Carrie -- I just LOVE square soaps. I know what you mean about soap boxes & not being able to use em with the squares though. Bummer because the boxes are so pretty! I make a more "standard" shaped rectangle soap too, for those who prefer them, but my favs will always be the chunky ole squares.

Thanks for looking everyone & for such encouraging comments!