michiganrocks

here's the recipe

18.24 oz water

6.67 oz lye

9.6 oz coconut oil

9.6 oz palm oil

28.8 oz olive oil

3 oz mac apple fragrance oil.

made soap as usual, ran through soapcalc.codoesn't come out as lye heavy, however today when I unmolded it and cut it was oozing pockets of lye!:cry2: Did the tongue test. Definitely zapped me. What do I do now? I've never had this happen before and have never tried to rebatch soap. All help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Your recipe looks fine, if that's what you actually put in the pot, lol. Sometimes I get distracted and can't remember what I've added and what I haven't. Anyway, the lye pockets could have come from a separation of the batch caused by too much heat. Do you know what your temps were?

As for rebatching, I guess I personally would toss the stuff. Number one, I don't like to rebatch, and number two, I would be concerned that I might have added too much lye. JMHO. Sorry that happened to you.:cry2:

oils were at about 100 degrees, lye water was 110 degrees. I did read though that someone on the board uses a heating pad to help force gel, so I did try that this time. Kept it on low for a couple of hours and then turned it off kept it wrapped in the blanket for 24 hours and then unmolded and cut. what a disappointment