Millcreek Bath + Body?

I’ve been trying to branch out and find new to me suppliers. I came across the Millcreek site and saw that some of their oils are listed as bath + body safe. Nowhere on the site could I find usage rates or mention of cp soap compatibility. I sent an email and received a short response that they “don’t have the usage rates for cp and only list if an oil is bath + body safe.” That’s frustrating because I really wanted to try them. What do they expect a customer to do? Guess? That hardly seems reasonable or safe. I don’t stock oils that are only good for candles.
 Has anyone used Millcreek for bath + body or cp soap? 
 I think after this exchange I’ll move on. Just curious to see if anyone has come across this and how you navigate suppliers who have no inclination to give usage rates….it’s baffling to me.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, sarahmarah said:

I’ve been trying to branch out and find new to me suppliers. I came across the Millcreek site and saw that some of their oils are listed as bath + body safe. Nowhere on the site could I find usage rates or mention of cp soap compatibility. I sent an email and received a short response that they “don’t have the usage rates for cp and only list if an oil is bath + body safe.” That’s frustrating because I really wanted to try them. What do they expect a customer to do? Guess? That hardly seems reasonable or safe. I don’t stock oils that are only good for candles.
 Has anyone used Millcreek for bath + body or cp soap? 
 I think after this exchange I’ll move on. Just curious to see if anyone has come across this and how you navigate suppliers who have no inclination to give usage rates….it’s baffling to me.

Sad when suppliers treat customers like this.  there’s a huge difference between “body safe” and safe usage levels for many products (as you know). I remember being shocked that Natures Garden would list something as “body safe” with a usage rate of 0.5%. Those who didn’t understand used 5% as normal… 0.5%=.005 versus 5%=.05. Using simple math of a 100g batch, 0.5% is .5 grams of fragrance, while 5% is 5 grams of fragrance. They were overdosing by 10 times the limit. Scary. 

I won’t buy without an IFRA, sorry.  it is on us, the makers, to keep IFRA on file, and provide this info upon request if something goes wrong. Plus, I just don’t want to cause harm to anyone. 

• Like 1