Bubble Bars

lindsaycb

Okay, so I get rave reviews with the bubble bars (recipe from pvs). Has anyone determined their pricing on these with what goes into them?

I make a hefty bubble bar that breaks up into four pieces. Of course I haven't weighed it. Maybe I'll have to make another batch. But when I buy supplies in lbs & I make things in a cup of this, 1/4 cup of that...I just haven't converted to what the costs of goods in these suckers really is.

So I'm just asking if anyone has maybe just an idea of truly what they cost. THANKS SO MUCH!

I've saw those at a craft show and a lady was selling them for $1.50 an ounce. She had a little scale there and you paid whatever the weight of the one you wanted was. That's the only place I've ever seen them so I can't say whether her cost was high or low, but it seemed pretty low to me for such a cool product! Hope that helps a little! :)

I think that's what bubble bars are...pretty much the same ingredients of bath bombs but with an added foaming agent (sush as SL) so it bubbles rather than just fizzing.

Edited to add: I just looked at the ingredients of Lush's bubble bars and those are pretty much the ingredients that are listed.

To help determine cost, there's this program called SoapMaker that I downloaded. It has a 30 day trial, and it's awesome. It's not just for soap either. You put in your recipe and your cost for oils/additives/etc, and it will tell you the batch cost. It will also tell you the cost per oz of product.

http://www.soapmaker.ca/SMhome.htm

You can edit any ingredients and even add new ones. I even put my bottles & jars in the additives section. I now use it for everything I make. Soap, candles, lip balm, lotion, etc. It really puts into perspective how much you are spending.

• 2 weeks later...