GW 464 Hot throw help

Hello! I’m new at candle making and have some questions regarding the GW 464 soy wax flakes. I feel as if my hot throw isn’t the strongest. I like it when candles are very overwhelming and make the entire room smell. My candles definitely have something there but it’s a more of an in the background type of smell. I only waited 24 hours before testing one of mine though. The website said to wait at least 24 hours before burning while I’ve read people on here say to wait 2 weeks. Could that be why it’s not as strong?

I use a 9 oz Straight sided jar with CD 18 wicks. The diameter of the jar is a little more than 3 inches. I heat my wax to 180F then remove from heat to add the FO. I used 10% so 1.6 oz per pound. I made a second batch yesterday to test 6% but haven’t burned them yet. I also made two more at 8% to test as well. I stir the wax for around 2-3 minutes after adding the FO then let cool for pouring. 

Hi and welcome 😊

when measuring the jar, use inside dimensions to avoid choosing too large of a wick from the wick charts. The thickness of the container material throws measurements off too much.

i use those jars for several waxes.  CD 18 seems huge for that jar with 464 🤔. too large of a wick can inhibit hot throw a lot. I suggest getting an IR thermometer to take temps of the jar as the candle burns. You’ll notice a giant temp jump at the half way point. By the end temps soar. 

do give the candle longer to cure. Soy takes several days to complete cooling inside, and a bit longer to set those wax crystals. Digging into a fresh candle reveals how unsettled it is. And often how wet the candle still is inside. 

Your fragrance oil will make or break the candle also. Not all scents work well with soy. Try cologne, floral or bakery types for best early results.