Source for Vanilla Powder?

the_amber_woods

you can get it online at many cooking and spice related sites, like the bakers catalouge(king arthur flour) and the spicerack, if you have any local specialty cooking stores, cake supply stores or some better gourmet coffee shops will have it as well. I usually get mine from the bakers catalouge ( i order way to much from there) I use this in my honey dust body powder.

that is not the same as purchased vanilla powder, its is usually pure vanilla the good stuff.., sometimes it has a malo dextrin based.. there are a million varities... some are pure.. high dollar and some are not, van o van is really popular.. its a powder base with synthetic vanilla flavor. and much cheaper

you can never pulverize as well as commercial, sometimes beans arent dry enough.. and homemade kind.. leaches out moisture in stuff you make.. which is fine for baking... not fine for body powder..

You can make it yourself with vanilla beans and powdered sugar. I have a recipe for it PM if you would like it. BTW I haven't tried the recipe yet myself it's on my list of things to do LOL.