3 OZ Votives

Are 3 oz Votives very common? I mean do most people have a Votive Holder that will accomodate a 3 oz Dixie Cup Votive? I was messing around with some chunk Votives and thought that they might be better if they were a little larger than my molds.( Most of my molds are the straight...not regular shaped smaller Votives---by the way, do people like these?)

I happened to have some Dixie cups so I thought I would try them. They turned out AWESOME...but I just don't know if most people have a Votive holder this large or if there are any commercial companies with Votives this large?

Just wonderin'

They'll fit the flower pot votive holders and those are fairly common around here, so they've got to be in the rest of the world since my state is typically 3-5 years behind the norm. Adding, Hobby Lobby stocks the flower pot votives. Basically the same thing IMO.

I've noticed some really pretty bigger votive holders in the craft section at our Walmart. Libby, I think. Nice thick glass. I actually used one to pour a container candle because I liked the shape. It was big enough that I double wicked it with htp 83's.

~Heather~

One of the problems I have with my standard size votives is that people are not burning them in a tight fitting holder, even though I have made that very clear on my label. So, if your votives are bigger at 3 oz, perhaps whatever holders they are using might fit better!

I always ran into that problem with my octagonal votives - they take a bigger holder too. I found that many people have decorative votive holders that are huge! And while they burned OK in them, it wasn't ideal.

What I did was always give out a free votive holder to a new customer - they usually bought in multiples anyway. Or at least made sure I had some around for sale - I sold them for $1. That way they'd have at least *one* experience of votives buring right.

One thing I've got in my notes - the 3 oz dixie cup votives fit perfectly into some of the PartyLite wall sconces :)

The holder I use is the large oyster cup from WalMart. They are, I think, 57 cents and work wonderfully with the Dixie cup votives. Look good, too:) . I noticed in the Michael's ad this week, that they have all their votive holders 4/$1, but their oyster cups look to be the smaller ones.:sad2:

I usually use the 3 oz in gift sets or decorative holders...flower pot holder included. That way I know they have the right one. My website and my table signs at fairs all say that the jumbo volitves need a larger holder. I sell quite a few in the sets. Singles, I mostly sell 2 oz.