Wood wick advice needed

Never bought wood wicks from that supplier. The last I knew all came from wooden wick, but lots has changed. 

there is such a difference between thicknesses and types of wood.  The ones from wooden wick list the both details. All I remember other resellers listing was width. I liked making my own boosters using different thicknesses and woods to tune burns for different waxes.

5 hours ago, NightLight said:

I’m burning one I bought. It has a booster similar to what I bought. Hmmm

All the booster thicknesses and main wick thicknesses can be different but look the same to the naked eye.  The 0.01 thickness from one to the next makes for a big jump.  Retailers seem to only offer one of the thickness combos of widths.

Back when wooden wick offered full tester sets I compared all of the “crackle levels” made of different woods. They came in several thicknesses of each width and wood type.  It was mind boggling the combos.

• 2 months later...

I worked with wood wicks from the Wooden Wick Co (now Makesy) for almost 4 years.  I found them to be very inconsistent.  I think it's the nature of the beast, so to speak.  I switched to cotton wicks and never looked back.  I use Premier and it has been a game changer.

I used their regular and whisper wicks.  From what I hear, the old wooden wicks worked much better but they apparently treated them with something that is considered toxic?  Not sure, but that is what I heard.