Need Help on Embedding fonts

Synascents

Hello everyone!

I make and build my own website, easier for me to maintain.

I use Frontpage and have a question on how to embed the font that I am using on it so when visitor's go to my website, they read the font that I prepared it with.

Or, is there a way for me to build it on frontpage then use another program to embed the font?

Any help is appreciated!

Stephanie

I'm biulding my own webiste too..again I should say..Using Golive

From my experience with this and fonts I have to make every font I use into a picture. It takes more time but the finished look is worth it. I want my site to be easy to use and not worry about people not seeing it the way I want it to be seen. I've been to a few sites that offer a font down load. They usually will say.."to view this site properly please down load this font" Well I hate that. I shouldn't have to down load a font just to view a site.

If anyone has a better way to do this I would love to know.

Ditto - when I have a unique font I want to use, esp. if it's a script, I always make it a .gif, .jpg or a .bmp (I know, I know...but I have a crappy editor and .bmps are the only ones that are clear enough with text).

If you are talking just serifs, but want to use something besides Times New Roman or Arial, here's a great link to a list of fonts that are preinstalled on almost every machine and are generally considered safe to use:

http://www.wpdfd.com/editorial/wpd0704news.htm

hmmm, isn't it possible to upload your font your your website though and have your html reference the actually font right there? I thought you could. That way your web document is referring to your own hosting server for the font.

I'd love some info on using golive....

hmmm, isn't it possible to upload your font your your website though and have your html reference the actually font right there? I thought you could. That way your web document is referring to your own hosting server for the font.

I'd love some info on using golive....

I tried doing that last year but I couldn't get it to work right. I still had a few that couldn't see it. Auctually one had it default to arial and the other couldn't see anything. The only ones who where able to see it where the ones that had the font already downloaded onto thier comp.

Okay after looking at my stuff again...I think that maybe I didn't do it right. I'm going to go back and see whats up with that.

I use golive6.0. If you have questions pm me but I warn you now I really don't know that much about the program. I'm still trying to figure out the dynamic content part. :rolleyes2

Thank you everyone for the input!

I was thinking on doing the premade image then adding it into the website...but was trying to see if I could embed the font.

I know of weft, which embeds the font, but I couldn't get that blasted thing to work.

I'll check out the golive tomorrow!

Thanks again everyone!

~*hugs

Stephanie