Yankee Mountain Lodge dupe?

BenderSF

Has anyone found a dupe of Yankee's Mountain Lodge?  C&S used to carry one but discontinued it before I could try.  The Candlemaker's Store has one but it's not even vaguely similar to the original.  I've collected a lot of lodge/cabin/woodsy scents in the hopes of finding something at least similar, but no luck.

I'm surprised it's not more popular.

6 hours ago, BenderSF said:

Has anyone found a dupe of Yankee's Mountain Lodge?  C&S used to carry one but discontinued it before I could try.  The Candlemaker's Store has one but it's not even vaguely similar to the original.  I've collected a lot of lodge/cabin/woodsy scents in the hopes of finding something at least similar, but no luck.

This is what popped up for me in Google. If you order any pls let us know if any of them are spot on :) I like that scent too.

https://www.candlesoylutions.com/closeup.asp?cid=8&pid=1201&offset=3

https://essentialsbycatalina.com/mountain-lodge-fragrance-oil

Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142717440172?chn=ps&var=443628787672&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1MtxikCYMT86gjr4DiDSeng9&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=443628787672_142717440172&targetid=1584739241414&device=c&mktype=&googleloc=9003229&poi=&campaignid=15275224983&mkgroupid=131097072938&rlsatarget=pla-1584739241414&abcId=9300697&merchantid=8520214&gclid=Cj0KCQjwmouZBhDSARIsALYcouoa_WuNby0t5dau2LF8aepJkL0OiwqMY5ugfX9ulNete5inVBGJ9FsaArpbEALw_wcB

Canada:
https://www.canwax.com/Fragrance-Mountain-Lodge-Yankee-Type-_p_2837.html

Thanks @Lizzy!  I had seen all but the Canwax.  I don't think candlesoylutions and catalina are dupes based on the descriptions, and the ebay one is a Scentsy dupe.

I don't remember Canwax popping up when I was googling around before.  I'll give them a shot and report back.  Fingers crossed.... 🤞

Thanks!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BenderSF said:

I'm not familiar with the scent, but I'm wondering if you compared what you already purchased and tried to note what might be missing if you could work with one of them to blend it yourself ...?

2 hours ago, BenderSF said:

the ebay one is a Scentsy dupe.

I don't remember Canwax popping up when I was googling around before.  I'll give them a shot and report back.  Fingers crossed.... 🤞

Thanks!

Oh didn't even see that it's a Scentsy dupe. Whoops

Please do! 

5 hours ago, BenderSF said:

Thanks @birdcharm!  It's a great suggestion for someone who has more skill blending than I do.  I've tried blending before.  I am......not good at it.  😆

I understand completely ... it takes more work than most people probably think!  I do okay here and there, sometimes I actually make something that I never thought I'd get, but it can take setting the bottle down and not smelling it for about a month!

Just to share something I recently accidentally did ... I've come extremely close to making a dupe of an old Avon scent I used to like called "Come Summer" -- I got some samples in and there were a few I didn't like, but they were all rather compatible, so I poured them all into a larger bottle and added something else I thought went with it.  Then, I blended something else in there because I thought it would go with it and after closing it all up and smelling it the next day, I couldn't believe my nose!  It's not exactly that scent, but I have an old bottle with a little remnant in the bottom to compare and I've come extremely close!  Hey!  Maybe you should pour all those samples together and see what you get!!  🤭

@birdcharm, ha!  Funny you should say that!  A couple years ago I was melting the remnants of 8 different candles so I could re-use the containers, and dumping the wax into an old soup can.  When I was done I was shocked that this mix of 8 unrelated scents all together smelled like one of my favorite colognes!

To date, that has been my only blending success...and it was a total accident! 😆

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just to report back, I did try the Mountain Lodge from Canwax.  It's a puzzler.  It's definitely a Yankee dupe.  The notes are all there.  And yet, there's just something about it that I find really unpleasant.  I just can't place my finger on why, but it's a big enough problem that I can't even continue testing.  Very odd.  It's rare that I react so negatively to a scent that I literally can't even continue testing it.

It may not be a complete loss though.  I ordered about 10 other Canwax oils.  Their Maple Sugar is promising.  I'm a huge fan of maple, but I've never found a FO that smelled even remotely like maple.  My first test candle didn't burn well but the cold throw is absolutely spot-on maple sugar.  If I can figure out how to get a decent candle out of that, then I'll be very happy.  I also threw one called Brown Sugar Dahlia into my cart only because it sounded so gross that I had to it for myself 😆, and OOTB it's actually really really nice.  I almost never burn floral scents until spring so it'll be a while before I try it, but I'm looking forward to that one.

And in the meantime, my hunt for Mountain Lodge continues.

• 5 months later...

FYI @Lizzy and anyone else who might be looking, I finally found a Mountain Lodge dupe.  Kind of.  It's not supposed to be a dupe, but it's close enough for my nose: NorthWood's Snowy Mountain Cottage.

https://northwoodcandlesupply.com/products/snowy-mountain-cottage-premium-fragrance-oil

I wasn't even looking for Mountain Lodge when I got this.  It's not described as a dupe and the description isn't even close.  It's still not quite what I remember the original smelling like, but it smells pretty darn close to me.

(I hadn't tried NorthWood before, but they have some really nice scents.)

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/29/2023 at 1:04 PM, BenderSF said:

FYI @Lizzy and anyone else who might be looking, I finally found a Mountain Lodge dupe.  Kind of.  It's not supposed to be a dupe, but it's close enough for my nose: NorthWood's Snowy Mountain Cottage.

https://northwoodcandlesupply.com/products/snowy-mountain-cottage-premium-fragrance-oil

I wasn't even looking for Mountain Lodge when I got this.  It's not described as a dupe and the description isn't even close.  It's still not quite what I remember the original smelling like, but it smells pretty darn close to me.

(I hadn't tried NorthWood before, but they have some really nice scents.)

Thanks for the heads up! I'm about to order at Northwoods after testing a few of their samples so I'll grab a sample of it. :)