Poured Green Leaf Perfect Blend

Wow, what a beautiful candle this wax made. It is a 70% soy/30% paraffin blend. I poured 8oz wax into a 9oz bean pot (balmoral) jar with 0.5oz of their Indonesian Teak FO, no dye. NO wet spots, NO cratering, NO cracks, NO frosting!!! All with just one pour and no heat gunning required!! Very smooth & glossy top!!:whoohoo: And the cold throw is great as well. I have not test burned yet but will tonight. I have to say I am very impressed with this wax and will definitely buy some more to test with!! :thumbsup::rockon:

I also used my Green leaf wax and FO today..I poured in a 16oz jar and scented Pomegrante used a Cranberry dye chip..wish the color would have been a bit darker..I also followed their instructions pretty much to the "T". I did poke relief holes and did a small repour. Its killin me to wait 24 hours to light this baby up. LOL!

I will post pics when I test burn

Here is mine after three hours. ( IGNORE WET SPOTS:mad: )

1 oz Magic of India F/O to 1.1 Lb 70/30 Green Leaf Perfect Blend

I had some Zinc wicks, so I thought I would give them a try. I probably would NOT suggest either of these wicks with this wax. Guess that is why they call it testing huh? I do not like the burn of either one in this wax.

The one on the left is a 44-28-18

The one on the right is a 51-32-18

post-60-139458392287_thumb.jpg

Alright, have I missed a post or something???? What is Green Leaf Perfect Blend?

Sharon, there is a rep named Brenda from Green Leaf Candle Supply http://www.greenleafcandlesupply.com/ who offered us a free wax/FO sample last week. If you go to their natural waxes page you can still get 1lb free sample of their 70/30 soy/para "perfect blend" wax. ;)

Hi all :)

I am actually one of the owners in Green Leaf Candle Supply. So if you want to beat on someone - I'm the one :cool2: In the same sense, if you need something or assistance with our products - I'm the one for that too ;)

Michael - I sent you an email and am interested in getting details from you. I will be pouring this combo today as I do have some of this glass and those wicks. I know I have the oil :) Let me know "watsa happenin".

I appreciate everyone's feedback and will be lurking to see how testing is going :whistle:

We are still working hard on getting everyone's samples out. I appreciate your patience.

Thanks

I got mine yesterday and will pour it sometime this weekend. I got the energizing. It smells great oob. Someone please clarify something for me. Is it 30% parafin 70% soy? For some reason I thought it was the other way around.

Thanks,

Aileen

OK - I took the tumblers like Michael is using - Votivo type. Candles on the right are cottons, candles on the left are zincs. Back two are 51-32-18z and c, candles in the front are 60-44-18z and c. 1 oz of Magic of India, 1.1 lb of perfect blend wax heated to 190, poured at 160. Tried to get close to his color. (Our warehouse is cool so I work a little hotter with the wax.) I did not warm the jars. This is what they looked like after 3 hours. Melt pool is approx. 1/2" deep. No wet spots. Not my favorite wicks because of the mushrooming these wicks are famous for - but they are always a good starting point. My digital camera is set to macro for close up shots so the picture, including flames, are darker than what's real. Still had a good hot flame going. This is the first burn for all of these candles. Let me know what you think.

post-2477-139458392302_thumb.jpg

post-2477-139458392305_thumb.jpg

This is the second test candle I poured. I heated the glass jar to 150* before pouring, and I don't think the wax liked that - it may be hard to see but the wax has a hairline "cracked" or "ribbed" look to it. When I get the slab I ordered I will try pouring into a room temp jar to see what happens.

[ATTACH]4483[/ATTACH]

This pic might show the ribbing a bit better:

[ATTACH]4484[/ATTACH]

post-1892-139458392372_thumb.jpg

post-1892-139458392374_thumb.jpg

Hey Jennifer

Hard to see in the picture. Is there a reason you heated the glass to 150? It is not necessary for this wax. Room temperature jars is what we always pour this wax into and it usually performs well. Slight warming might be required if the jars are really cool - like coming from a garage to inside the house. We looked a long time to try and get a blend that was easy to pour without too much work - other than mixing and pouring. I'll keep in touch with you to see how it goes after you get the slab. Thanks for trying this out.

Edited for comment after second picture posted:

Wierd, wierd - never seen this before. It would be something I would expect if the wax was poured too cool is my first thought. Thanks for getting a closer shot.

Hi Brenda

I heated the jar because I had washed it and it felt cool to the touch, I thought heating it might be a good idea. At least I know better now! I heated to 178*, added FO at 175*, and poured at 150*. This *does* look like the ribbing that happens when I pour 100% soys at the slushy stage. So weird!

I heat gunned the jar after I posted the pics, and it almost completely got rid of it.

Thanks!

I got my sample on Wednesday. I poured some tarts with Cargil C-3 and V-1 that night and made a trip to Greenleaf (35-40miles) Thursday after my doctor's appointment. I sold all my tarts while I was at the doctors......My sample was Indonesian Teak. That is one strong scent.....I love it!!!!! I got a pound of that and then 8 oz of Violet Musk...... I'm hoping to try that one this weekend. It has such a unique smell OOB. I will report back my findings on this one. Although they don't have as many scents as some of the other suppliers near me they do have a nice assortment and some very unusual scents which I've been looking for. I was told they are planning to bring more in after testing.

I poured the perfect blend also Wednesday night in a heart shaped libby glass. It took the whole pound. I colored it pink and put in Strawberries and Cream. I followed the directions as given and the results were wonderful. I had to use 3 wicks and now know I need to wick up. I've never used this container before and wasn't sure where to start. The candle set up beautifully. No sink holes....no wet spots ...couldn't ask for a smoother top.

Brenda was not there but I had a gentleman there that showed me around and I told him I was having probems wicking a 11 oz tureen using Cargil C-3. He said Brenda has wicked many and gave me a few wicks to try. I may be wrong but think it might have been her husband, correct me if I'm wrong Brenda. He was very helpful and I'm sorry I can't remember his name....chemo brain.....

Thanks Brenda for bringing some unique FO's to the market and please thank the gentleman that was so very helpful.

Pam

I poured two 4 ounce jelly jars using the greenleaf parasoy blend one with Maduro and one with Coconut Banana Cream Pie from Wix-N-Wix. I colored the Maduro brown and the other yellow. Let me tell you that this wax colored beautifully. I put two drops of brown in the Maduro and 3 drops yellow in the other and I should have only used 2 drops yellow because I was trying to get a pale yellow. Cold throw is amazing. I had a tiny, tiny bit of dip by the wick but probably because I was rushing around but not enough to do a repour. I heated to 180 and poured about 170-175. I put 9% fo and maybe should have used less but I was pouring smaller portions so it is hard to get the 7.5 to 8% I usually use. Anyway, I will post again when I burn. I will burn in my master bath since they are only the 4 oz jellys.

watching all the test results closely as I wait for my goodies to arrive. I don't do containers - pillars is my thing:) Not having a clue where to start wicking with a soy blend (much less containers) your postings are greatly appreciated....keep 'em coming.

...my container waitith :drool:

Pam...I used a LX-22 in a 9oz balmoral with the perfect blend and 6% Indonesian Teak. It burned perfectly...no mushrooms or hangup on the jar! :shocked2:

Thanks a bunch for the info. What got me started in candlemaking was that I have a container that was a gift from my son & I needed it refilled.... bought some paraffin and went straight to pillars...now is a good time to get back to that container.