Different noses

Mei-Mei

Are there any FO's that you dislike OOB or in candles that your friends/customers absolutely adore? I don't have customers (yet :smiley2: ) but I poured a Lemon Sugar container and my friend loved it so much I gave it to her. I didn't care for it at all.

Oh mah gah, I just poured a Yuzu Mango - and that Mango is so incredibly powerful that it's almost all I can smell. I think mangos smell like vomit, literally - like a big ol' pile, and of course, people go nuts over the Yuzu Mango, and it throws like NUTS, so when I pour it, it's all over the place, barf. Literally.

When I started out I only poured stuff I liked! Then I got an order for Lilac and had to pour that. YECH!!! My SIL loves coffee smells, I don't. I have friends that like bakery smells, blech-o. I learned that it is best to have a few of a lot of different smells and break them down by variety if you have to (floral, fresh, food, beverages, etc). Granted, I'm an FO-aholic but don't overbuy at first (unless you're loaded then buy all you want, LOL).

You can have 5 people smell one scent and get 5 different interpretations. That's part of what makes it fun ;)

OOB should be used for first impressions ONLY. I HATE that a lot of people do not TEST an oil in product BEFORE deciding if they like it or not. OOB vs. finish product can be totally different! I've had scents I've HATED OOB but have become favourites once in wax, and vice versa. :)

I am not a fan of florals. I can appreciate how they smell in wax, but I wouldn't choose to pour/burn one. But I have a lot of customers who just LOVE the florals, lol. So I carry quite a few, am testing more and just have to live with it. I love food smells and anything clean, but those don't sell as well for me.