C-3 Bleeding problem

Using Cargill C-3 wax puttting in 5% FO, heating the wax to 170-180 and pour at 150. Scent bleeding usually occurs within 24 to 48 hours. Have been using Cargill wax for years without major problems until recently. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, can I contact you, or please email me at stlouiscandle@sbcglobal.net.

Thanks,

Dan

I have had this problem also, so I have moved away from using C3. I didn't experience bleeding that quickly though. I had bleeding when there was a drastic change in temp....like move the candles from a cold environment to room temp...or from room temp to an outside festival in the summer.

The makers of ADM soy wax have an additive that is suppose to be specifically for this called Panalite. It is supposed to keep the fo and the wax from separating.

http://www.chempoint.com/supplierdetails.asp?id=Archer_Daniels_Midland

If you call these guys they will send you a sample.

These guys told me that you can used this item in any soy wax, although I have seen other people say it is only for ADM wax. Anyway it doesn't hurt to call them and ask, and get a sample.