Candle looks like cauliflower

Susu

I have always been using these soy wax from the same company. Both the soft wax and pillar wax are behaving weird. It turns out like cauliflower. I have tried several times but I have been getting the same result. Does anyone know what the issue is? IMG_20220901_151159.thumb.jpg.dca813f1d3f6da49c4885ea3e5728e3e.jpg

Lots of unstable stearic and other fatty acids in that. Happened to me with a test batch of non crystallizing palm wax.  Was ok as a low % in blends, or in very small candles that cooled rapidly.  Any sort of slow cooling did exactly that. 

you could try pouring cooler, risking the detail on your intricate mold.  I personally think that is either the wrong wax sent to you, or just one of those batches that slipped through at the wrong end of the quality spectrum. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2022 at 8:57 AM, birdcharm said:

It might be a good wax for making whipped cream for dessert candles.  😊

Hahaha yeah, unfortunately I don't need it for that purpose. 

On 9/1/2022 at 10:34 PM, TallTayl said:

Sorry you’re going through all that. It’s not common for wax retailers to realize wax problems and refund. I hope you’re able to find your right wax and get on with it.