Missing Sweet Cakes oils

Sndfrddy

Hi guys. I've noticed there are several fragrances Sweet Cakes no longer carries. I was about to test some oils I had gotten a couple of years ago and saw they are no longer carried. Are they slowly getting rids of ones to go out of business has anyone heard? I don't want to add any to my line if I can't get it in the future. Thanks!

I miss Bert's Heaven Scent, Peak, Scent Works, and now I went to order from Day-Star the other day and she is once again closed for a while on top of having many things out of stock.  😪  I think an email I got after that said she was closed until sometime in October.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I know a few months back they had a note on certain fragrances that were being reformulated to meet the new IFRA regs (even though they don’t post those for us) and then most of them disappeared. So maybe it is related to that?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Darbla said:

I miss Bert's Heaven Scent, Peak, Scent Works, and now I went to order from Day-Star the other day and she is once again closed for a while on top of having many things out of stock.  😪  I think an email I got after that said she was closed until sometime in October.

Bert's and Peak for sure :( It's all the old schoolers that are disappearing it seems. BCN changed a lot too....barely any paraffin waxes. It makes me so sad.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 6:48 PM, Darbla said:

I went to order from Day-Star the other day and she is once again closed for a while on top of having many things out of stock.  😪  I think an email I got after that said she was closed until sometime in October.

We chatted a bit back in April when I bought a pound of everything she had in stock at the time. She had to replace her primary supplier and was being forced to have her FOs reformulated. I hope she does reopen in October--her FOs are fabulous.

That said, the whole reason I bought a pound of everything was because she was out of stock on so many things, and I got nervous. I wanted to have her FO in stock to dupe if she closed the doors.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KrisS said:

Keystone Candles has quite a few of Peak's old offerings.  Scentsational Soap Supplies has a few as well.  Which one are you specifically trying to find?

Peak's Amish Harvest was one of my favorites for this time of year, and their lavender.  Are those at Keystone or Scentsational?

2 hours ago, Darbla said:

Peak's Amish Harvest was one of my favorites for this time of year, and their lavender.  Are those at Keystone or Scentsational?

It appears Keystone carries both.  I can't vouch for exact formulation, but they did buy many of the manufacturer codes back in the day.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KrisS said:

It appears Keystone carries both.  I can't vouch for exact formulation, but they did buy many of the manufacturer codes back in the day.

OMGosh, thank you so much, Kris!  I had not realized that.  So much has changed since I started this hobby a decade and a half ago, and I can't keep up with all of it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Darbla said:

OMGosh, thank you so much, Kris!  I had not realized that.  So much has changed since I started this hobby a decade and a half ago, and I can't keep up with all of it.

You're welcome. I've been a hobbyist (briefly for profit) since the early 2000s, and I fully understand.