Ok, I have to buy some cyclo/dimeth, who has the best prices?

Michi

My hubby got me some stuff at the beauty supply store that is a hair/skin silkening gloss, I'm in LOVE with it, and of course I had to read the ingredients (anyone else notice they are doing this with all commercial products now? ;) ) and it's got cyclo and dimethicone (two types) plus hydrolyzed silk protein.

I just have to see if I can make this for cheaper than this bottle was to buy. ;)

I had never felt cyclo or it's equivilent before him getting me this, and I have to say it's a really neat/luscious feeling on my skin (and hair). :)

On first "feel" you do think it's greasy, but it isn't, that is the cool thing about it.

Anywho, I'm just wondering who has the best price for this, or is there a better type to buy?

AND, can I buy hydrolyzed silk protein also?

TIA

also there are different brands out there of this stuff... It can actually just be one ingridient

I know todiefor has some...

the one I use for my hair serums and sprays is from lotioncrafter... their lotioncrafter, their LC1401DC

What does this mean Erika? I think I'm reading it right in that there are different brands, but what do you mean by "it can actually just be one ingredient"??

I have been to the lotioncrafter site, and would love to buy from them, since they are fairly close to me as far as shipping goes, but I'm all confoozed about all the different "types" they have. :eek:

So, you make a hair "serum" and a spray and just use one ingredient from lotioncrafter? Do you sell it as both in one bottle or do you bottle/label it separately?

This stuff that hubby bought says, "Silkening Gloss" Polish and Shine and then on the back it says "Lightweight formula for silky, lustrous hair and skin". And then on the directions it says, "Smooth over damp or dry hair and skin."

But there are quite a few ingredients in this stuff (besides what I mentioned above). I think I'm going to have to try and find out what the other ingredients are for. ;)

WOW, BCN's price seems CHEAP. Off to check them out right now. Thanks guys.

and I've bought Hydrolized Silk Protein from todiefor as well, for the same purpose, but it is water soluable, and I didn't want to mess with water in the formula.

besides the clyco/dime, I also add alkyl esters, phenyl trimethicone and cyclo.

What does this mean Erika? I think I'm reading it right in that there are different brands, but what do you mean by "it can actually just be one ingredient"??

the inci name is Cyclomethicone (and) dimethiconol, but it's actually something that comes out of one bottle, if that makes sense. I guess you can say it's a formulation of both.