The state of 4627 in mid-2022

Anyone purchase 4627 recently?  If so, how is it these days?  I need to get some more paraffin soon, but my last batch of 4627 (September 2020) wasn't great.  Not terrible, but not great.  There were a few posts here in 2021 that sounded like it was getting even worse.  With wax changing so quickly I'm wondering if maybe it's better now.

I'm just a hobbyist, so a 23-lb box lasts a really long time, and I'm not sure I want to risk getting another sub-par (or worse) batch.  Although I guess everything is more or less a crap shoot these days...  😆  😢

• Like 1

I got some from Aztec not that long ago and it’s crap, you gotta add the FO around 190 so it has better hot throw, and it’s still nowhere near as good as the lot I had before from Candlescience, that was great HT. This lot makes the wicks drown with some of my scents it’s just crap. 

• Thanks 1

Gosh, I hate to hear this.  That had been my favorite wax for yeeeeeears.  I might run out of the last of my stock when I start making holiday candles, so now I'm worried about that.  😟  Might be time to let candle-making go and stick with tarts......

On 8/27/2022 at 8:06 PM, Darbla said:

Gosh, I hate to hear this.  That had been my favorite wax for yeeeeeears.  I might run out of the last of my stock when I start making holiday candles, so now I'm worried about that.  😟  Might be time to let candle-making go and stick with tarts......

That’s exactly what we are doing, tired of the crap candle wax. I loved 4627 too, the hot throw used to be so immense. Could literally blow out a decent sized room with a tin candle.