I need your opinions!

LilFirecracker

I think I might be going overboard on my expectations with how long my melts last. My goal is to stand out from the rest in every way possible. I'm going to be starting out on Etsy and it's gonna be hard as hell to get noticed in the sea of other sellers.

When I test, I test with 2 different warmers in 2 different areas. I use a 1oz melt in each warmer. I get the best results in my bedroom/master bath area that's about 15x20. I test non-stop, 24 hrs a day. I don't turn it off until it's finished. I get disappointed when they only last 24 hours. I have quite a few that last 48+ hours. Am I being ridiculous thinking 24 hours won't cut it? Consider that I'm marketing as mid to high-end quality. I'm not saying luxury or luxe because that is so overdone that they'll make anything and say it's luxury. It has no meaning anymore. 

Edited by LilFirecracker
Forgot to add something

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

I would not overthink it too much. You will learn through feedback and experience 😊

How long do you personally expect or hope the melts you use to last for? I don't want them to last too long to where they won't need to buy very often! 🤣 But I want them to last long enough to earn bragging rights and get the buzz going around about how great they are. I already know how great these scents are, just looking for enough longevity. You're right, I've been overthinking it. I just have really high expectations about everything and where I want to take this business. Being a bit of a perfectionist and OCD does not help any!

I plug in for maybe 8 hours at a whack.  I usually don’t expect a cube to last for more than one or two melting sessions. Even if they do happen to last longer, I add another for a blend, or totally swap out to smell something new.