Favorite Coffee and Apple scents from Indiana Candle Supply?

GailC

ICS fell by the wayside as one of my suppliers but I am thinking about ordering from there again.

Definitely want to get Sugar Cookie Dough which I remember was so good!

I have seen posts where people say she has excellent coffee fragrances. Does anyone have recommendations?

Also her apple scents sound good, like Caramel Apple Cheesecake. What Apples do you like from ICS?

Thanks!

I love all of her apple scents except caramel apple pie. For some reason it always smelled sour to me. I don't know why but there's a note in there that just doesn't agree with me. Her caramel apple bake is good and I'm thinking caramel apple cheesecake too. I love her apple fritter and apple brown Betty!

For coffee scents her caramel coffee is so good and orange vanilla coffee is good. One of hers I got was kind of bitter, I think it was Coffee Bean,  but you could always use it and blend it the way you want it but I can't remember which one.

I also love her brown sugar pecan, apple fritter, apple strudel, Boo berry, Be Thankful, Buttery Gingerbread, White cake, wild berry mousse, Winterberry, orange spice, cranberry orange muffin, sugar cookie dough. I have quite a few of her oils that I've never put in wax too but these are all good.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GailC said:

@Belinda I'm thinking about getting the Caramel Apple Cheesecake.

Brown Sugar Pecan sounds so good but I need to use the nutty FO's I already have first.

I can send you some! You can get some  next Fall if you like it. I haven't poured it in a long time but all this talk we've been doing about oils early this morning and today makes me want to go turn my melter on LOL!

• Like 1

Indiana is one of my favorites!

I've only tried three apple scents.  I love Caramel Apple Cheesecake.  Apple Fritter and Hot Apple Pie are both nice but not my favorites.

For coffees, Pumpkin Spice Latte is one of my all-time favorites.  I love both Cinnamon Dolce Latte and Cafe con leche (it was recently renamed, used to be "Cafe C-u-b-a-n-o", but AFIK it wasn't reformulated).  Gingerbread Cafe Latte seems really nice but I haven't had it long enough to really tell yet.  Vanilla Hazelnut Coffee didn't make much of an impression, but that's another one I haven't had long enough to really decide yet.

I posted some of my other Indiana favorites a few months ago.  I now add Lemon Meringue, Lemon Pound Cake, Gourmet Sugar Cookie and Christmas Kitchen to that list.

@Belinda, I've always thought about trying Apple Brown Betty but the description isn't very, well, descriptive 😆: "More complex than plain Hot Apple Pie this rich Apple Dessert will become an all time favorite."  Do you find it to be much different from apple fritter?

@BenderSF, Now I'm really wanting to try Caramel Apple Cheesecake. :)

I love Pumpkin Spice Latte from Flaming Candle. Also from Rustic Escentuals, but I haven't ordered from them in a while. 

I had ICS Pumpkin Spice Latte years ago but I don't remember that I was that in love with it.

I was looking at Cinnamon Dolce Latte because I'm wanting a coffee/cinnamon scent.

Now I'm going to have to find your post from January 24 and see what all you liked!

Thanks for the suggestions.

6 hours ago, BenderSF said:

Indiana is one of my favorites!

I've only tried three apple scents.  I love Caramel Apple Cheesecake.  Apple Fritter and Hot Apple Pie are both nice but not my favorites.

For coffees, Pumpkin Spice Latte is one of my all-time favorites.  I love both Cinnamon Dolce Latte and Cafe con leche (it was recently renamed, used to be "Cafe C-u-b-a-n-o", but AFIK it wasn't reformulated).  Gingerbread Cafe Latte seems really nice but I haven't had it long enough to really tell yet.  Vanilla Hazelnut Coffee didn't make much of an impression, but that's another one I haven't had long enough to really decide yet.

I posted some of my other Indiana favorites a few months ago.  I now add Lemon Meringue, Lemon Pound Cake, Gourmet Sugar Cookie and Christmas Kitchen to that list.

@Belinda, I've always thought about trying Apple Brown Betty but the description isn't very, well, descriptive 😆: "More complex than plain Hot Apple Pie this rich Apple Dessert will become an all time favorite."  Do you find it to be much different from apple fritter?

I just sniffed them side by side and to my nose Apple Brown Betty is a richer scent, maybe even a little sweeter. It seems to have more spice notes to it. I smell more apple in Apple Fritter. I like both though but Apple Fritter reminds me more of apple pie.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, The Candle Nook said:

do you find wicking problems with the Lemon Pound Cake?

Yes and no.  :)  I haven't made too many yet, but the few I've made burn fine.  But my nose has a problem with any citrus or mint fragrance, so I can't get it to work in a candle.  (For my nose, at least...a friend assures me it's fine.)  I hope to figure it out someday, but in the meantime, both this and the Lemon Meringue (which is amazing) throw great in melts.

• Thanks 1