Dulling the shine in silicone molds

For those of you who work with silicone molds, is there anything that I can use to dull the shine on my silicone molds without destroying them? Something you'd typically have around the house would be great! I know most people WANT the shine, but for my purpose I need the shine gone or at least dulled a good bit. Anyone have any ideas? Google was of no help at all. It just kept showing me ways to get a matte finish when actually making a mold. 

Thanks so much for any help you can give me! 

23 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Mine seem to dull with several pours of soy based waxes on their own. 

These molds are so shiny that they're almost sticky! There are certain parts that the wax seems to stick to and gets left behind when I unmold. You can see those spots actually show up as being a little more dull than the rest of the mold. If the inside part that you pour the wax into would be the same finish as the rest of the mold around it and underneath, I'd be happy. 

I'm at the point where I'm either gonna try sanding it, or buy a mold kit and make my own. I was referred to one company and I was looking at their website last night. It seems like the shine is pretty much based on what was used to cast the mold. So I might have to get creative and do some texturizing before I cast a new mold. I also had someone that said they've sanded their molds before, but places like the corners were harder to do. I have another mold I don't use anymore made the same way - same brand, color, and shine. I might practice sanding on that one and see what happens before I go trying to make my own.

Wish there was a simple solution like some kind of mattifying spray that would stick and not be messed up by hot wax. 

On 7/6/2022 at 5:35 PM, CandleCocoon said:

You can freeze them.  Or you can abuse them.  A little sandpaper works wonders :)

I saw your comment on my other post about freezing. I've been so tempted to try sanding. I actually did get another mold that's made the same exact way that I decided I wasn't gonna use, so I tried a small spot with a nail file/emery board - I couldn't get it to do anything! I have a couple of other things I can use to try to sand it. Have you actually sanded one successfully before? If so, what did you use? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2022 at 8:49 AM, LilFirecracker said:

I did sand the insides of a silicone mold about a million years ago.  It was a really old one that was starting to fall apart.  Probably 20 years old.  I just used large grit sandpaper and like a pencil to poke it into the corners.  But,  the freezing method works just as good and you don't need to damage your molds.  In fact, I like the frozen look better.