WICK CHOICE FOR CANDLE VESSEL WITH VARYING DIAMETER

JANE ODONOGHUE

I am looking to start wick experimenting on a soy wax container that has a 85 mm diameter at the top, 100 mm diameter in the middle and 70 mm diameter at the base. All the wicks I usually use on soy wax candles - even the very largest ones - are not working.  Any suggestions ?  Do I need more than one wick ?  And would a wood wick be preferable ?  Ideally I would prefer to have one wick only.  

5 hours ago, JANE ODONOGHUE said:

I am looking to start wick experimenting on a soy wax container that has a 85 mm diameter at the top, 100 mm diameter in the middle and 70 mm diameter at the base. All the wicks I usually use on soy wax candles - even the very largest ones - are not working.  Any suggestions ?  Do I need more than one wick ?  And would a wood wick be preferable ?  Ideally I would prefer to have one wick only.  

These are extremely difficult to wick.  In general, wick for the last 1/3 of the candle as that is where the issues will be the most serious if overwicked.  

there should be some hang up in the middle, at the widest part, that should catch up by the end. A tapered top will build A LOT of heat as it progresses down the burn. 

I would consider double wicking a jar of that diameter.  Multiple wicks present new challenges, so plan to experiment a bit with spacing and sizing. 

do you have a pic of the jar? And what wicks have you tried?