Hot throw

Help! New to candlemaking, made a batch of (7) 8oz. Candles with gingerbread cookie scent, tested it, and I thought it smelled fantastic, I smelled it 3 rooms away from my front door to the back of the house. However, my boss bought one from me (same exact batch) and she said there was absolutely no smell in it whatsoever and her spouse said the same thing. I'm feeling discouraged now, i tested and thought they were great even better than store bought candles, what have I done wrong?

Welcome to craftserver 😊

what wax did you use, wicks, container size and how long were the candles cured when you tested versus when others tested?

sometimes if testing too soon your wick size will be “off” as most commercial wax blends harden over time which throws off wick sizes.

sometimes people’s sniffers are not very sensitive.

sometimes it just comes down to the place the candle is burned.  If your customers have A/C with air filters, the AC will suck the scent from the air and filter it out. They can try the candle in a different room to see if it improves. 

2 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Welcome to craftserver 😊

what wax did you use, wicks, container size and how long were the candles cured when you tested versus when others tested?

sometimes if testing too soon your wick size will be “off” as most commercial wax blends harden over time which throws off wick sizes.

sometimes people’s sniffers are not very sensitive.

sometimes it just comes down to the place the candle is burned.  If your customers have A/C with air filters, the AC will suck the scent from the air and filter it out. They can try the candle in a different room to see if it improves. 

4627 wax with lx wicks,  8 oz jelly jars, cured for 3 days for me, 5 days for them. Their bathroom is where they had it, which is even half the size of the room I had mine in!