Adding fo to melt and pour

Karen Ov

Hi..Im going to make a simple  melt and pour soap bar for the first time  using 8 ounces of soap.  So is this correct? The fo i want to use is olde towne bake shop and on their page it says - Soap 2.5 %. So does this mean i take 8 for the ounces of soap and  times it by 2.5 % and get .20 ounces of fo. And that formulation is the same fir any fo.  TY

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TallTayl said:

That is the maximum amount of that particular fragrance, yes.  Total of soap x that %. 
for small amounts like this I would use grams, personally.  The margin of error on that 2.5% is pretty small 😊

I have never used grams before. Is this correct. 8 ounce would be 226.80, so i would take that number X the 2.5 % or do i convert the 2.5% also..TY 

4 hours ago, Karen Ov said:

I have never used grams before. Is this correct. 8 ounce would be 226.80, so i would take that number X the 2.5 % or do i convert the 2.5% also..TY 

I use Google to convert oz to grams and got the same 226.8 (rounded up to 227 g

227 x 2.5% = 5.675 (rounded to 5.7 g) of fragrance. 

you got this!

8 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I use Google to convert oz to grams and got the same 226.8 (rounded up to 227 g

227 x 2.5% = 5.675 (rounded to 5.7 g) of fragrance. 

you got this!

Thank you so much ❤, going to make first bar of melt and pour soap this week..

Karen, 

There are percentage calculators online that will do ounces and grams. Also use the calculators on wholesale supplies plus, others sites have them as well. Very helpful for everything. I use them all the time but haha also ask Alexa :)

2 hours ago, NightLight said:

Karen, 

There are percentage calculators online that will do ounces and grams. Also use the calculators on wholesale supplies plus, others sites have them as well. Very helpful for everything. I use them all the time but haha also ask Alexa :)

Thank You..grams gets me frazzled.lol.

Never had to use them before.

4 hours ago, TallTayl said:

When testing I generally just do 100 grams. Send a math is super easy. 2 1/2% of 100 g is 2 g. I do this for candles, melts, soap, cosmetics, lotion, you name it. The math is so easy this way.

That does seem really easy, nice and simple, just what I'm looking for.😄