Bomb or fizzy

Karen Ov

I don't know anymore -- it seems that terms are switched around over the years, so probably there isn't a difference now.  But, in the past, I was under the impression that what was referred to as "fizzing bath salts" or something like that, only had the mixture of citric acid and baking soda to make the fizz and the "bombs" had more ingredients such as SLS or SLSa, etc. 

The terms seem to be interchangeable, though I am so far out of the loop in those groups I could be very wrong.  

The market for that type of bath product ebbs and flows on a  pretty reliable cyclical timeline. Facebook groups sprouted up overnight for fizzing and bubbling bath goodies with a whole new set of indie expectations. Then, like sharks in chummed water, commercially available mass produced versions at cheap prices flooded the market. Then that market bottomed out, and hand made was popular again.  

13 hours ago, TallTayl said:

The terms seem to be interchangeable, though I am so far out of the loop in those groups I could be very wrong.  

The market for that type of bath product ebbs and flows on a  pretty reliable cyclical timeline. Facebook groups sprouted up overnight for fizzing and bubbling bath goodies with a whole new set of indie expectations. Then, like sharks in chummed water, commercially available mass produced versions at cheap prices flooded the market. Then that market bottomed out, and hand made was popular again.  

The whole market can be intimidating in a way. One day I'm like ya I'm going to start making this, then I'm like everyone is selling these and no one will buy from me.🥴  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Karen Ov said:

The whole market can be intimidating in a way. One day I'm like ya I'm going to start making this, then I'm like everyone is selling these and no one will buy from me.🥴  

Make what you love, when you love to make it. “Your” customers will buy from you. 

• Like 1