Jump to content

Best Toasted Marshmallow fragrance oil


 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm looking for a good burnt Marshmallow fragrance oil for homemade roll on perfume. I want something super sweet and gooey marshmallow with a hint of smoke or campfire, maybe even a hint of cocoa or chocolate. I am thinking of ordering a couple rustic essentials Marshmallow scents and mixing. But am curious as to which anyone else has tried.  Strong is a must and no after chemically smell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Jcake90, Seems like Toasted Marshmallow from Rustic Escentials has gotten good reviews on this forum. I used to have some and I thought it was good, but I don't remember it having much of a 'toasted' smell. (But it's been a few years since I smelled it.)

 

A couple of marshmallow scents on Fragrance Buddy's site have good reviews, and they're having a good sale right now. I'm thinking of ordering the Marshmallow Fluff for Hot Chocolate & Marshmallow candles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GailC said:

@Jcake90, Seems like Toasted Marshmallow from Rustic Escentials has gotten good reviews on this forum. I used to have some and I thought it was good, but I don't remember it having much of a 'toasted' smell. (But it's been a few years since I smelled it.)

 

A couple of marshmallow scents on Fragrance Buddy's site have good reviews, and they're having a good sale right now. I'm thinking of ordering the Marshmallow Fluff for Hot Chocolate & Marshmallow candles.

I have marshmallow fluff from FB and it's great but it almost makes me wonder if they got it mixed up with VBN because it smells like it to me. What kind of sale are they having? Is it their regular 25% off sale?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jcake90 said:

I'm looking for a good burnt Marshmallow fragrance oil for homemade roll on perfume. I want something super sweet and gooey marshmallow with a hint of smoke or campfire, maybe even a hint of cocoa or chocolate. I am thinking of ordering a couple rustic essentials Marshmallow scents and mixing. But am curious as to which anyone else has tried.  Strong is a must and no after chemically smell.

RE's marshamllow is wonderful but it doesn't have a toasted note. The one from FB is good also but I don't detect any toasted notes in it either. How about marshmallow fireside? That's a B&BW's dupe and it smells really good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Belinda I posted info about the sale under the 'weekly sales' forum. Of course you know now anyway, but for others who might be wondering about the sale, you can look there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yup, I agree with Gail and Belinda, Rustic's Toasted Marshmallow is excellent, and I don't get a toasted note either, just a very rich vanilla/marshmallow.

 

Aztec's Toasted Marshmallow is along the same line.  Like Rustic, I don't get a "toasted" note.  It's less rich than Rustic though, so to my nose it smells more like an actual marshmallow, but I wouldn't call it "super sweet and gooey".

 

The only other marshmallows I've tried are Marshmallow Fluff and Toasted Marshmallows, both from Indiana Candle Supplies.  Jury is still out on whether or not I like Toasted Marshmallows, but it doesn't smell anything like marshmallow to me.  Marshmallow Fluff is fine but smells like a Vanilla Bean Noel dupe to me.

 

For B&BW Marshmallow Fireside dupes, I've tried Aztec and Rustic (which they call Campfire Marshmallow).  Both are good dupes, but from this forum I think a bunch of places have good versions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah/Re is set your teeth on edge sweet.  The heart is vanilla with a soul of sugary sweet. It’s best in class for that scent IMO.  Add a little woodsmoke from sweetcakes, or campfire from other sources for that little charred edge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Belinda said:

RE's marshamllow is wonderful but it doesn't have a toasted note. The one from FB is good also but I don't detect any toasted notes in it either. How about marshmallow fireside? That's a B&BW's dupe and it smells really good.

I saw RE has an oil called Campfire Marshmallow too besides the toasted marshmallow, I'm imagining that being good too. Do you have any recommendations for where to get the marshmallow fireside dupe? There are alot of companies that make that one and I haven't been able to narrow it down much.Thank you so much for your reply

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BenderSF said:

Yup, I agree with Gail and Belinda, Rustic's Toasted Marshmallow is excellent, and I don't get a toasted note either, just a very rich vanilla/marshmallow.

 

Aztec's Toasted Marshmallow is along the same line.  Like Rustic, I don't get a "toasted" note.  It's less rich than Rustic though, so to my nose it smells more like an actual marshmallow, but I wouldn't call it "super sweet and gooey".

 

The only other marshmallows I've tried are Marshmallow Fluff and Toasted Marshmallows, both from Indiana Candle Supplies.  Jury is still out on whether or not I like Toasted Marshmallows, but it doesn't smell anything like marshmallow to me.  Marshmallow Fluff is fine but smells like a Vanilla Bean Noel dupe to me.

 

For B&BW Marshmallow Fireside dupes, I've tried Aztec and Rustic (which they call Campfire Marshmallow).  Both are good dupes, but from this forum I think a bunch of places have good versions.

Do you remember if Rustics campfire marshmallow entailed all the notes they describe? Is there a nice hint of cocoa? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jcake90 said:

Do you remember if Rustics campfire marshmallow entailed all the notes they describe? Is there a nice hint of cocoa?

 

Personally, I don't pick up any cocoa, but I'm terrible at picking out individual notes, so I'm not the best person to answer that.  :)  But I can say that it's an accurate dupe of B&BW's Marshmallow Fireside, if that helps.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Jcake90 said:

I saw RE has an oil called Campfire Marshmallow too besides the toasted marshmallow, I'm imagining that being good too. Do you have any recommendations for where to get the marshmallow fireside dupe? There are alot of companies that make that one and I haven't been able to narrow it down much.Thank you so much for your reply

I've had marshmallow fireside from Just Scent and Midwest Fragrance Co. and both are good dupes. I would recommend trying some of Midwest oils. They have some new ones coming out soon, June I think, and they are a wonderful company. Great oils and great customers service and shipping is reasonable. New York Scent and Studio Fragrance both have it also but I don't think I've tried theirs but they do have some good oils too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 5/27/2022 at 10:02 AM, GailC said:

@Jcake90, Seems like Toasted Marshmallow from Rustic Escentials has gotten good reviews on this forum. I used to have some and I thought it was good, but I don't remember it having much of a 'toasted' smell. (But it's been a few years since I smelled it.)

 

A couple of marshmallow scents on Fragrance Buddy's site have good reviews, and they're having a good sale right now. I'm thinking of ordering the Marshmallow Fluff for Hot Chocolate & Marshmallow candles.

Did you ever order the fluff from fragrance buddy, if so how did you like it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/25/2022 at 11:52 PM, Jcake90 said:

Did you ever order the fluff from fragrance buddy, if so how did you like it?

 

Yes I ordered it, but haven't put it in wax yet. OOB it smells like a good vanilla.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...