Wicking Candlescience Libby Jars

Camavery22

Hi everybody,

I’m working with coconut wax from candlescience and their straight sided libby jars. For this wax and container they recommend I double wick with LX12. I didn’t get too much HT on one of my testers so I thought about wicking up to an LX14. I’d like to keep the double wicks if possible, but these jars seem a little small for two wicks. Does anyone single wick coconut wax in these jars? Thanks!

Edited by Camavery22

• Camavery22 changed the title to Wicking Candlescience Libby Jars
  • 1 month later...

I am using the Golden Brands Coconut Soy and the straight sided Libby Jars from Candlescience.  I also double wicked with the LX 14, but I didn't like that.  Not much HT and I felt like it burned too fast.  I used a wood wick and liked that better.  I'm going to try a single larger CD wick; I think a 22 was suggested in the wick guide.  I'm also going to order the Libby 3 wick jars.  So basically, I'm ordering every CD wick imaginable.  

1 hour ago, utopianzebra said:

I am using the Golden Brands Coconut Soy and the straight sided Libby Jars from Candlescience.  I also double wicked with the LX 14, but I didn't like that.  Not much HT and I felt like it burned too fast.  I used a wood wick and liked that better.  I'm going to try a single larger CD wick; I think a 22 was suggested in the wick guide.  I'm also going to order the Libby 3 wick jars.  So basically, I'm ordering every CD wick imaginable.  

I would try CDN before I went up to a big  22. The big wicks tend to flare at the beginning and Burn much dirtier.

The big wicks tend more

toward carbon heading and shed Ash particles down onto the wax surface.

CDN in smaller sizes double wicked perform much better for me. you do have to play around with spacing. Sometimes placing them very close to one another in the center of the jar.