Containers for Emulsifying Lotions

asr

What does everyone use to make their lotions? I bought 64 oz glass measuring cups because I prefer to use glass over plastic, but one pulse of my stick blender and I have a mess of unemulsified water and oils/butters everywhere! I am thinking something taller rather than wider would be better but before I buy something else to try I thought I would ask. 

Thanks!

Amy

35 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

deep metal containers like Baine Marie. They fit well in a presto pot for a double boiler and no stress about thermal shock. They come in LOADS of sizes.

alt

Thank you!! These look perfect for what I need.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I use them for a great many things from lotion prep to dipping short candles. They’re fabulous. Just look for ones with the dimensions you need.  I spent a comical amount of time with a ruler and paper testing what sizes I needed. 

Good to know I am not the only one that does the ruler and paper testing method 😆

Thanks again these will be perfect and I am thinking of all the things around the house they would be great for in addition to crafting!