Snap-bar packaging

LilFirecracker

5 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

I would love the metallic bags at Clear Bags. I use them. They come in several colors. 

Are you talking about the stand up zip bags that can be heat sealed and are clear in front with the metallic back? If those are the ones you're talking about, I've never really seen anyone use them for packaging snap-bars. I've seen them used for small shapes/mini-melts. 

11 hours ago, Karen Ov said:

I would like the polypro bags better.

I'm kinda leaning more in that direction too. I just have to play around and figure out how to package them with no smears from the wax showing! The glassine bags would hide that! No matter which one I search for on different websites, I can't find all of the sizes I will need all in one place!

5 hours ago, barbaranj said:

Have you seen these?   I posted this last month 

Hi Barbara! Yes I've seen those. I don't want to use clamshells though. I already have a couple ofmolds picked out to use, just making a decision between Polypro and glassine for the bags. 😃

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LilFirecracker said:

Hi Barbara! Yes I've seen those. I don't want to use clamshells though. I already have a couple ofmolds picked out to use, just making a decision between Polypro and glassine for the bags. 😃

Tough decision!  Good luck!  If you decide on glassine, I would love to see how you package/label it! 

On 2/9/2022 at 12:59 AM, LilFirecracker said:

Are you talking about the stand up zip bags that can be heat sealed and are clear in front with the metallic back? If those are the ones you're talking about, I've never really seen anyone use them for packaging snap-bars. I've seen them used for small shapes/mini-melts. 

These have a metallic front and back. They have a clear window but the sides are metallic and the backs are as well. They come in several sizes for each color. They would definitely be big enough for snap bars it's just a lot of people use the cheapest bags they can find. These are much nicer than what most people use.

5 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

These have a metallic front and back. They have a clear window but the sides are metallic and the backs are as well. They come in several sizes for each color. They would definitely be big enough for snap bars it's just a lot of people use the cheapest bags they can find. These are much nicer than what most people use.

Yep...same ones I was thinking of. 

On 2/11/2022 at 7:38 AM, TallTayl said:

Do you have brands that speak to you to see how well their melt packaging appeals to buyers? 

I've looked at numerous other Etsy stores. Hard to find any packages in glassine bags. I think I only found one. Everyone else's is in poly bags. I'd like to be different, but at the same time I want it to look classy also. When it comes to those packages in poly bags, it comes down to the labeling where I see the difference. Some just look tacky. Others look really classy for poly bags. I really wish I could think of something different and "outside of the box" without it being too costly. I'm hoping something will pop into my head in the future. I've never really been a creative person, but the creative juices have been flowing overtime this past year! Making up for all those years of nothing I guess! 🤣

On 2/13/2022 at 9:27 AM, TallTayl said:

How about heavy/thick paper? Perhaps  foil on one side like high end chocolate? A sticker or paper wrap could be lovely. 

or tuck top boxes?

https://www.papermart.com/p/natural-kraft-tuck-top-gift-boxes/5480

I really, REALLY thought long and hard about wrapping them in some kind of paper. But then I thought about the time it takes, making sure it's neat enough - then wondering how tacky the back of it would look because it would take more than one sticker to hold it. There's quite a few that I see on Etsy that I wish I could see what the back looks like because the bags seem to fit a little too perfect. Do you have any places in mind for me to look for the paper you were talking about? I'd still like to check into that. 

As for the boxes, they'd be too big for the bars individually. I do have plans for a special item I'll be packaging in the black gloss boxes. I'll be using the black 8oz and maybe the 16oz tins from Hearts & Crafts. I fell in love with those the minute I saw them and knew they would look way better than the regular tins for a more upscale product. 

I usually start on Amazon and back track to the originating company. And then Google the search terms and tags used in Amazon listings. 

papermart has a nice assortment of packaging.  And NashvilleWraps. Clear bags.com sometimes has interesting ideas.

the Pioneer Woman brand has fancy tins with little forms inside that were cute. Too much work for the $5 price tag they had, but cute.

Lots of cute packaging uses common scrapbook paper to jazz things up. A super creative friend of mine can take a clearance bin scrapbook paper stack and turn it into top $ packaging for pennies.  I’ve long been envious of how her magical brain works. Her profit margins made me green 🎁😂
EDD35E22-FD1D-44D1-9F71-C4A49DE83BA8.jpeg09279DA5-6A4E-478C-B176-3CE61C842F91.jpeg

CCD85C90-D00F-4FE1-B633-31071AAFFC44.jpeg

E786604B-E50A-45CC-8E03-F5AB958F1806.jpeg

340D9985-3FCE-435F-9C11-11373CC0D3E5.jpeg

7F0E93BD-14ED-46A3-A011-E52A7FCB6428.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TallTayl said:

I usually start on Amazon and back track to the originating company. And then Google the search terms and tags used in Amazon listings. 

papermart has a nice assortment of packaging.  And NashvilleWraps. Clear bags.com sometimes has interesting ideas.

the Pioneer Woman brand has fancy tins with little forms inside that were cute. Too much work for the $5 price tag they had, but cute.

Lots of cute packaging uses common scrapbook paper to jazz things up. A super creative friend of mine can take a clearance bin scrapbook paper stack and turn it into top $ packaging for pennies.  I’ve long been envious of how her magical brain works. Her profit margins made me green 🎁😂
EDD35E22-FD1D-44D1-9F71-C4A49DE83BA8.jpeg09279DA5-6A4E-478C-B176-3CE61C842F91.jpeg

CCD85C90-D00F-4FE1-B633-31071AAFFC44.jpeg

E786604B-E50A-45CC-8E03-F5AB958F1806.jpeg

340D9985-3FCE-435F-9C11-11373CC0D3E5.jpeg

7F0E93BD-14ED-46A3-A011-E52A7FCB6428.jpeg

I was looking at those same bags at the bottom. I can't remember what it was but there was something...maybe what it's made of...that made me take a few steps back. I'm loving the paper wrapping idea except for the face that there's really nothing for them to store the remainder in. Trying to look at it from all angles - that's why I'm being so picky LOL!!!

I'm still thinking about the glassine - but I can't seem to find all the sizes I'd need in one place. I was also thinking of just regular crisp clear cello bags, but they don't have the 2x2 that I need for samples. I'd like to have everything in the same material. 

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Belinda said:

@TallTayl, those boxes that say "Melt Me" are adorable! Where did you find those?

Belinda…those melt me boxes are usually the kind you buy the digital pattern for on etsy and then use your cricut or similar cutting machine to make them yourself.   I have seen some pre-made on etsy but pricey.  

• Like 2

On 3/21/2022 at 6:08 PM, TallTayl said:

Those were on pinterest. I bet with a cricut or silhouette we could cut just about anything.  

I was wondering if they had used one of those. I have a silhouette but it hasn't made it out of the box in over 3 years LOL! I defiantly need to play around with it and learn how to use it.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 5:51 PM, barbaranj said:

Belinda…those melt me boxes are usually the kind you buy the digital pattern for on etsy and then use your cricut or similar cutting machine to make them yourself.   I have seen some pre-made on etsy but pricey.  

If I would take the time to take my silhouette out of the box maybe I could make some LOL! It's been in the box ever since I got it 3 Christmases ago! Talk about a procrastinator! That would be me for sure LOL!

• Haha 2