Updates to Etsy “House Rules” announcement

TallTayl

https://www.etsy.com/legal/policy/our-house-rules-policy-updates/1071949564091?campaign_label=everybody&utm_source=adhoc&utm_campaign=2022_02_07-adhoc-seller_policy_update&utm_medium=email

I’ve only begun reading the links, mostly pertaining to seller side of the updates. Given the survey last week regarding cases, immediate refunds in certain circumstances, etc., we really need to look at the intent and implications. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, it gets frustrating sometimes.  

the biggest challenge to gave to myself was to improve descriptions and photos. If something does not match a description it leaves us open to challenges. All of it is necessary continuous improvement.  

as frustrating as some Etsy customers can be, 99% of them are wonderful. So many are most comfortable staying on Etsy as a platform, versus coming over to the independent website for me to leave Etsy.  I gotta suck it up and learn their new rules. 

I would feel better with their rules if they actually followed them. Unfortunately I have found them to be untrustworthy through the years, and would never rely on selling on Etsy full time. Once yes, now no. You have to sell on multiple sites, as each site has their own rules or what ever and if one goes down for whatever reason you are not stuck not being able to sell.

Hard to disagree with the flip floppy erratic decisions by Etsy. 

the “seller protection” name they chose to market the rules as is misleading.  They mean protection FROM sellers not FOR sellers. It is to make their customers (buyers) feel more secure about buying from their platform. 

20 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Yeah, it gets frustrating sometimes.  

the biggest challenge to gave to myself was to improve descriptions and photos. If something does not match a description it leaves us open to challenges. All of it is necessary continuous improvement.  

as frustrating as some Etsy customers can be, 99% of them are wonderful. So many are most comfortable staying on Etsy as a platform, versus coming over to the independent website for me to leave Etsy.  I gotta suck it up and learn their new rules. 

That's understandable and unfortunate that you can't gain more traffic to your own website which is ideal. But you gotta stay in business and keep your customers happy. One thing you've got going for you is that you've been on Etsy a long time and have more experience with it and it's changes so making adjustments is probably easier for you than a new seller. 

• Like 1