Colored Soy Turning Orange

New shop asked me to make a blue candle and a pink candle for a signature line.  I use C1 soy, clear jars, and small amount of liquid dye.  The wax is turning orange in both fragrances.  I THINK it started happening when she moved them into a window which has a see-thru plastic shade.  Not sure if she had them in fluorescent lights at some time.  My question is, is this normal?  Will using a UV prohibitor completely take care of the problem?  

GoldieMN

On 2/6/2022 at 2:34 PM, GoldieMN said:

New shop asked me to make a blue candle and a pink candle for a signature line.  I use C1 soy, clear jars, and small amount of liquid dye.  The wax is turning orange in both fragrances.  I THINK it started happening when she moved them into a window which has a see-thru plastic shade.  Not sure if she had them in fluorescent lights at some time.  My question is, is this normal?  Will using a UV prohibitor completely take care of the problem?  

GoldieMN

If it is a reaction between the dye and the fragrance, would it be something that may be evident if a little bit of each was placed in a vial together (just wondering).  Also curious if there is any vanillin in the fragrance oil and if so, if that could be a culprit ...?   

• Thumbs Up 1