2022 Candle Fragrance Poll - Who’s Your Dealer?

TallTayl

My top fragrance suppliers  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who are your top 3 fragrance suppliers for CANDLES?

• Candle Science
    • Wholesale Supplies Plus
    • Natures Garden
    • Candle Cocoon
    • Bittercreek
    • Just Scent
    • Candlewic
    • Aromahaven
    • The Candle Source
    • Brambleberry
    • Aztec
    • Fragrance Buddy
    • Midwest Fragrance
    • BeScented
    • Indiana Candle Supply

23 hours ago, Belinda said:

I know this thread is a few months old but what do you recommend from them? I don't usually order from them.

Hi Belinda. It's been a while since I have ordered from them but here's some that I marked as favorites.

Barn Wood

Beach Towel

Moonlight Path BBW Type

Draakar Type

Midsummer's Night Yankee type

Mountain Lodge

Pinecones and Amber

Very Sexy Men's VS Type

5 hours ago, Laura C said:

Hi Belinda. It's been a while since I have ordered from them but here's some that I marked as favorites.

Barn Wood

Beach Towel

Moonlight Path BBW Type

Draakar Type

Midsummer's Night Yankee type

Mountain Lodge

Pinecones and Amber

Very Sexy Men's VS Type

Thank you!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

I especially like scents, I always want to have the most relaxing feeling in my home. In my house, every room has scented candles. Not only in the room, but on important occasions, we also decorate and present them, create fragrances, and help to decorate and beautify them. I particularly like the fragrance "Flower Fragrance", which is very popular and seems to be liked by many people. . Because it also has many aromas, we can choose between rose, lavender, lilac, and geranium. I used to feel all these smells. It makes me nostalgic every time I leave my room.

• 2 weeks later...

I've used some of the poll-mentioned brands, but to be honest, I'm most satisfied with my homemade candles. Aside from being the best candles I've ever used, I enjoy the whole process of making them. It has become a hobby. I found an online store that sells some

including candle jars/glassware, fragrance oils, wax, and everything else you need to make candles at home. The whole process is quite easy and interesting and I'm usually watching and learning from youtube videos. 

On 12/12/2022 at 4:31 AM, Lilian said:

I've used some of the poll-mentioned brands, but to be honest, I'm most satisfied with my homemade candles. Aside from being the best candles I've ever used, I enjoy the whole process of making them. It has become a hobby. I found an online store that sells some

including candle jars/glassware, fragrance oils, wax, and everything else you need to make candles at home. The whole process is quite easy and interesting and I'm usually watching and learning from youtube videos. 

quality candle making supplies

19 hours ago, moonshine said:

Certainly a lot of natures garden users according to the poll 

Can I ask the candle makers what it is about them that draws you in? Also what fragrance load are you having to use and do get a decent throw and clean burn?

I make soy candles and the amount of FO I use is about 8.5%.

I've bought 98 different fragrances from them through the years, not including samples, and have only been disappointed in a handful of scents, mostly because I personally didn't like the scent.

Their prices are reasonable, although their prices have gone up like everyone else's. I buy at least 5 bottles to get $1.00 off per bottle.

Shipping is also reasonable for me, and I've gotten orders before in just one day.

I've been to their store twice; they're about 4 1/2 hours from me. I was in candlemaker's heaven. :) They have over 1000 fragrances. I was sorry when the store closed due to Covid, but I really don't need to go back since I am overstocked with FO's!

Here I am at my happy place:

IMG_1757.jpg

• Like 5

@GailC, I would LOVE to go to their warehouse! They have some great FO's and like you said, I've been disappointed with very few of them and mostly because I didn't like the scent plus they have some you don't always see at other suppliers and the BEST clove I've been able to find anywhere! I'm wondering since WSP took over if they'll be as good? 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 3:15 PM, Belinda said:

@GailC, I would LOVE to go to their warehouse! They have some great FO's and like you said, I've been disappointed with very few of them and mostly because I didn't like the scent plus they have some you don't always see at other suppliers and the BEST clove I've been able to find anywhere! I'm wondering since WSP took over if they'll be as good? 

The last time I ordered from NG at the end of October took longer to ship than previous orders. But they were having a big sale on discontinued fragrances so that may have been why.

I may not be ordering as much from them in the future as their prices have gone up so much.

@Belinda, their store was so nice and bright and clean. I could smell the samples, then purchase the 16 oz bottles right then. Plus any other supplies I needed.

I didn't expect it to be like a store, since I had only been to The Candlemaker's Store when their little store was in the big warehouse, and not nearly as nice. They had about 250 samples to smell, plus wicks and some other supplies to buy, but the only 16 oz bottles I could buy right then were some specials. I bought a few when I went because they were so cheap, but they were mostly weak. I did get a couple of good ones through the years.

The worse thing was the samples had no prices on them for 16 oz size and I couldn't buy them right then. Had to go home, look up the prices of the scents I liked, and order online.

Their store has been closed since Covid with no plans to reopen which is just as well. I won't be tempted to buy their underwhelming specials.  :) I did like smelling samples though.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2022 at 10:11 AM, GailC said:

@Belinda, their store was so nice and bright and clean. I could smell the samples, then purchase the 16 oz bottles right then. Plus any other supplies I needed.

I didn't expect it to be like a store, since I had only been to The Candlemaker's Store when their little store was in the big warehouse, and not nearly as nice. They had about 250 samples to smell, plus wicks and some other supplies to buy, but the only 16 oz bottles I could buy right then were some specials. I bought a few when I went because they were so cheap, but they were mostly weak. I did get a couple of good ones through the years.

The worse thing was the samples had no prices on them for 16 oz size and I couldn't buy them right then. Had to go home, look up the prices of the scents I liked, and order online.

Their store has been closed since Covid with no plans to reopen which is just as well. I won't be tempted to buy their underwhelming specials.  :) I did like smelling samples though.

Maybe they'll open up their showroom again one day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

Is anyone noticing the fragrance oil companies have been bought out? I know Just Scent, Rustic Essentials and some others.

Yeah, an investment firm (2 sigma) started buying up FO companies back when the pandemic began.  WSP, Aromahaven, saveonCitric/Make Your Own.buzz, elements were the first.  Then NG and another I’ve likely forgotten. They continue to scoop up retailers throughout each year.  

Then I heard CandleScience was bought by a fragrance house, which explains why their reviews show the noticeable changes in FO are not  in our heads as we’ve been told to believe. 

makes me so happy to have gone through the pain and expense of getting my main FO made when I did. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not on the poll, but I my top 3 are Indigo Fragrances, Scented Expressions, and Save On Scents.

Indigo Fragrances - I've been ordering from Indigo for sooo long, ever since Dawn & her hubby was selling on Etsy. They moved to their own website years ago and are still going strong. Super nice people, great fragrance oils.

Scented Expressions - I absolutely love the quality of their fragrance oils, some of the best I've found. They have some fragrances you won't find elsewhere. Also, they have a great selection of bath & body ingredients. But be warned, shipping takes forever, like 15 to 20 days to ship out. If you're patient and plan accordingly, it's worth the wait.

Save On Scents - Their fragrance oils can be hit or miss and a bit pricey if you order them in "Extreme" like I do, but when you find those perfect scents, it's wonderful. They have more oils to choose from than any other supplier I've come across, including some very odd novelty aromas. And I just love that you can order "sniffie" samples!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/20/2023 at 10:01 PM, Dreamer said:

Not on the poll, but I my top 3 are Indigo Fragrances, Scented Expressions, and Save On Scents.

Indigo Fragrances - I've been ordering from Indigo for sooo long, ever since Dawn & her hubby was selling on Etsy. They moved to their own website years ago and are still going strong. Super nice people, great fragrance oils.

Scented Expressions - I absolutely love the quality of their fragrance oils, some of the best I've found. They have some fragrances you won't find elsewhere. Also, they have a great selection of bath & body ingredients. But be warned, shipping takes forever, like 15 to 20 days to ship out. If you're patient and plan accordingly, it's worth the wait.

Save On Scents - Their fragrance oils can be hit or miss and a bit pricey if you order them in "Extreme" like I do, but when you find those perfect scents, it's wonderful. They have more oils to choose from than any other supplier I've come across, including some very odd novelty aromas. And I just love that you can order "sniffie" samples!

What do you recommend from Indigo? I've ordered a few of their two ounce bottles but have never made them one of my main suppliers. It seems they have a lot of NG oils. I'm hoping they're the same. I can't really afford to buy from them anymore because they're charging tax now and their shipping to me is so high.

• 7 months later...
On 1/2/2023 at 4:53 PM, coffeebean said:

... along with a lot of busted bottles and bad packaging.

You are probably talking about a certain business but I was a bit put off by how every single one of my recent orders arrived from Candle Science provided peanuts but the lids weren't tight; lonestar threw some wadded up paper (one sheet) into the box and called it good so a particular bottle leaked enough to wet the bottom of the box; nature's garden shoved stuff into an envelope and called it good for flavor oils ... I can hardly wait to see the dyes from lonestar or what flaming will offer when it gets here. Almost makes me regret trying to restart. Candlewic ... I should pick on them ... if I'm ordering lb bottles for Pete sakes send me the pound bottle and not two 8 ozers or four of the four ozers ... 

• Mind Blown 1