Can we mix essential oils with fragrance oil???

Hello everyone

I am new here. 

I had just started making candles last month after about 15 years. I really like essential oils and have tried making some candles with essential oils but the cold throw is quite poor with EO. 

So I have decided to invest on fragrance oils but there are few EO which I feel would go really well with some of the fragrance oils that I like so far so just wanted to double check if its okay to mix them.

Thanks 

A

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

yep!

Just double check the IFRA on each to make sure they are safe for category 9 = candles and non skin contact.

WSP now details oils made with a combo of FO and EO, along with % of EO/Resinous materials.

Perfect. 

Thank you so much for your response. 

I was just so confused if it will be okay or not. 

Also, I'll check IFRAs before mixing them.

Cheers!

• 2 years later...

Yes, it is possible to mix essential oils with fragrance oils, but there are some important considerations to keep in mind. Essential oils are natural plant extracts, while fragrance oils are synthetic or artificially created scents. Mixing the two can create unique scent blends with enhanced complexity.

However, it's essential to be cautious when blending essential oils with fragrance oils. Fragrance oils may contain synthetic ingredients or additives that could interact unpredictably with essential oils or cause skin sensitivities. Additionally, the therapeutic properties of essential oils may be diluted or altered when mixed with fragrance oils.

Before blending, it's advisable to perform a patch test to check for any adverse reactions. Start with small quantities and gradually increase the concentration as needed. It's also a good idea to research the compatibility of specific essential oils and fragrance oils to ensure they harmonize well together.

Ultimately, blending essential oils with fragrance oils can be an experimental and creative process, but it's essential to prioritize safety and quality when doing so.