First order with PFO!!

LilFirecracker

I am so excited!! For once since my first FO order tanked, I feel confident that I will find at least 4 or 5 useable oils out of this order. Hopefully more! I'm being very picky with how long my melts last, and for good reason. Here's what I have coming:

• Vanilla Noel

• Sugar Cookie 

• Satin Sheets 

• Sea Witch 

• Sandalwood 

• Pop's Pipe 

• Nag Champa 

• Lavender Sage 

• Earthen Oak 

• Dragon's Blood 

• Classic Lavender 

• Black Vetiver Cafe 

• Black Raspberry Vanilla 

• Vanilla Cream 

• Sensual Vanilla 

• Frosted Pink Cupcake 

• Chocolate Chip Brownie 

• Tom Ford Oud Wood 

• Guinevere's Attraction

I really wanted Patchouli Passion and Witches Brew, but both have been OOS for about 2-3 weeks now.... If anyone can give me their opinions on any of these oils, I'd appreciate it!! 😃

• Like 1

21 hours ago, barbaranj said:

Vanilla Cream did  very well in my 4 oz candle.  Great cold and hot throw .  I have yet to use it in melts,

i LOVED Witches Brew!  It was powerful in my wax melts and I highly recommend you buy it when it is in stock.  

Definitely!! I've heard lots of great things about it! 

6 hours ago, bfroberts said:

I agree about Witches Brew. It’s very good.

I have it on my wish list - along with lots of others. But I'll be checking back regularly for it and Patchouli Passion! Celtic Myst was another interesting one I put to the side for my next order. I had to trim my order back a little this round. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LilFirecracker said:

I have it on my wish list - along with lots of others. But I'll be checking back regularly for it and Patchouli Passion! Celtic Myst was another interesting one I put to the side for my next order. I had to trim my order back a little this round. 

I have Celtic mist I am going to Destash. A lb I think

On 1/17/2022 at 4:22 PM, LilFirecracker said:

I am so excited!! For once since my first FO order tanked, I feel confident that I will find at least 4 or 5 useable oils out of this order. Hopefully more! I'm being very picky with how long my melts last, and for good reason. Here's what I have coming:

• Vanilla Noel

• Sugar Cookie 

• Satin Sheets 

• Sea Witch 

• Sandalwood 

• Pop's Pipe 

• Nag Champa 

• Lavender Sage 

• Earthen Oak 

• Dragon's Blood 

• Classic Lavender 

• Black Vetiver Cafe 

• Black Raspberry Vanilla 

• Vanilla Cream 

• Sensual Vanilla 

• Frosted Pink Cupcake 

• Chocolate Chip Brownie 

• Tom Ford Oud Wood 

• Guinevere's Attraction

I really wanted Patchouli Passion and Witches Brew, but both have been OOS for about 2-3 weeks now.... If anyone can give me their opinions on any of these oils, I'd appreciate it!! 😃

I used Moonworks a lot….the sugar cookie is amazing and that speaks volumes for someone that hates foody scents 😂

sea witch is one of my all time favorites 

witches brew is excellent- I love love this one- it’s a must have 

lavender sage is hands down the best herbal scent I ever used 

pops pipe is wonderful and makes an excellent mixer 

I didn’t care for earthen oak but didn’t really give it a fair chance - I bet it would make an amazing blend also 

Guinevere’s attraction was potent but not in my lane 

patchouli passion was nice and there was another fragrance that is exactly like this one I can’t remember offhand which one but I made note of it in here somewhere many years ago- 

another excellent one is pinion pine - it’s like cs mistletoe - I am still on the fence ordering 10 lbs because they are not offering it right now 

and gypsy rose if they have that one or ever bring it back ….amazing 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, moonshine said:

I used Moonworks a lot….the sugar cookie is amazing and that speaks volumes for someone that hates foody scents 😂

sea witch is one of my all time favorites 

witches brew is excellent- I love love this one- it’s a must have 

lavender sage is hands down the best herbal scent I ever used 

pops pipe is wonderful and makes an excellent mixer 

I didn’t care for earthen oak but didn’t really give it a fair chance - I bet it would make an amazing blend also 

Guinevere’s attraction was potent but not in my lane 

patchouli passion was nice and there was another fragrance that is exactly like this one I can’t remember offhand which one but I made note of it in here somewhere many years ago- 

another excellent one is pinion pine - it’s like cs mistletoe - I am still on the fence ordering 10 lbs because they are not offering it right now 

and gypsy rose if they have that one or ever bring it back ….amazing 

Wow....thanks moonshine!! You've given me even more hope that I'll end up with maybe a few keepers! I can't wait! It shipped out today and shows I should get it Monday. Since this package is coming from CA, I don't have to worry about it actually taking a detour to CA like my last package did... 🙄

23 hours ago, LilFirecracker said:

Wow....thanks moonshine!! You've given me even more hope that I'll end up with maybe a few keepers! I can't wait! It shipped out today and shows I should get it Monday. Since this package is coming from CA, I don't have to worry about it actually taking a detour to CA like my last package did... 🙄

Your welcome

I will be shocked if you don’t end up with at least 10 out of all those that are keepers 

what wax do you use?  All the ones I mentioned did excellent in 415 soy and I’ve tried some of them in coconut with success 

1 hour ago, moonshine said:

Your welcome

I will be shocked if you don’t end up with at least 10 out of all those that are keepers 

what wax do you use?  All the ones I mentioned did excellent in 415 soy and I’ve tried some of them in coconut with success 

Well, I didn't wanna push my luck...but yeah I'm hoping for at least 10, if not more. Once I had a taste of some really good quality oil, my standards rose dramatically. I use a blend of 4786 and 4633. I'm also testing with feather palm so I can offer an alternative to paraffin for those who don't care for it. I'm way too impatient for soy, and I just love the look of palm and it's so easy to work with. A part of me wants to go with just palm, but I'd miss the creaminess of my paraffin. Can't decide so I'll more than likely do both and see how the palm sells. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Patchouli Passion -  It's a nice enough scent, more of a perfume type, but it's a little milder than most of the patchouli types I've tried.  Not so in-your-face, kind of level with Vanilla Patchouli.  

15 hours ago, Cynna said:

Patchouli Passion -  It's a nice enough scent, more of a perfume type, but it's a little milder than most of the patchouli types I've tried.  Not so in-your-face, kind of level with Vanilla Patchouli.  

Patchouli Passion has been out of stock since I placed that first order. I even checked last night since I'll be placing a full size order in the next week. And of course they're out of my Lavender Sage - one of my must-haves!

On 3/16/2022 at 3:00 AM, Gsmakinsoap said:

I believe I read somewhere that FB's Patchouli Passion smells like PFO's. Maybe someone can weigh in on this? They also have a few other dupes of Moonworks that might match those PFO has. Sea Witch and Lavender Sage, I think.

Thanks so much! I might have to go that route because I called PFO and they're having trouble with pricing from the manufacturer of the MW scents, so there's no telling when they'll get any in stock. 

On 3/16/2022 at 4:00 AM, Gsmakinsoap said:

I believe I read somewhere that FB's Patchouli Passion smells like PFO's. Maybe someone can weigh in on this? They also have a few other dupes of Moonworks that might match those PFO has. Sea Witch and Lavender Sage, I think.

Yes fragrance buddy has MW dupes….before PFO announced they were buying MW I sent Samples to FB for duping …..they are very very close but the originals are better from PFO

On 3/22/2022 at 7:14 PM, moonshine said:

Yes fragrance buddy has MW dupes….before PFO announced they were buying MW I sent Samples to FB for duping …..they are very very close but the originals are better from PFO

I've been keeping in touch with PFO because more and more keep going out of stock with no replinishing. She told me that they're having problems working out a price with the manufacturer. She said the prices are too high now. Hell for the scents I want, I'd be willing to pay $10 more per pound for them. I just ordered 2lbs of Sea Witch before they run out - and a few others. But I miss my Lavender Sage! I hope FB oils will last as long for me as PFO's do! Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Edited by LilFirecracker

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2022 at 10:15 AM, LilFirecracker said:

I've been keeping in touch with PFO because more and more keep going out of stock with no replinishing. She told me that they're having problems working out a price with the manufacturer. She said the prices are too high now. Hell for the scents I want, I'd be willing to pay $10 more per pound for them. I just ordered 2lbs of Sea Witch before they run out - and a few others. But I miss my Lavender Sage! I hope FB oils will last as long for me as PFO's do! Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Love the sea witch ….that’s a great oil 

I wonder if PFO realizes people are willing to pay more of need to be to keep their oils accessible- such a weird world we are in now 

On 4/9/2022 at 6:46 PM, moonshine said:

Love the sea witch ….that’s a great oil 

I wonder if PFO realizes people are willing to pay more of need to be to keep their oils accessible- such a weird world we are in now 

They know that nobody wants anything about the formulas to change, myself included! When it comes down to it, especially with everything else going up, they know that those who are serious buyers would be willing to pay more to a certain extent. But the good news is they finally reached a negotiation, and we should start seeing them back in stock sometime next month!!! 🎉

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

Yesss!!!! Camilla called Tuesday and left me a message telling me they finally got the few in I've been waiting on. I just got off the phone with her because when I saw your comment it reminded me that I needed to ask her something. She also told me they're getting ready to put up a few fall fragrances too. They might be up by the weekend or the beginning of the week. I've been on the edge of my seat the past few months waiting to see if they were going to be able to settle the pricing conflict with their manufacturer. I haven't even tested Witches Brew yet, but there's 3 others from the Moonworks Collection that ended up being love at first test! I didn't want to be without. All this testing for the past year and a half has made me VERY picky about what I'm going to carry in my line. 

• Like 1