Jump to content

Caution label for melts


LilFirecracker
 Share

Recommended Posts

I notice that all of the ready-made caution labels for melts have "Discontinue use is less than 1/2" of wax remains." There are many, many people who melt so little at one time that it doesn't even cover the bottom of the dish. Even putting 1 cube from a clamshell will barely cover the bottom, much less 1/2" so what do you tell someone who questions this? I have a warmer that has a dish at least 4" in diameter and I can put 2oz of wax in there and it still comes in just under 1/2". I was thinking of printing my own anyway, so I'm actually thinking about leaving this part out. Is there a good reason I should be keeping it since it doesn't really make sense regarding normal use anyway?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah. That always makes me question what is in the wax melts.  There isn't a flame, so what issue are they preventing with this?

I make my own labels and I modify that to 1/4 inch, but the melters are made of heat resistant material, usually ceramic or glass, so they should be able to handle the heat even empty. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/17/2022 at 9:28 AM, JaniceG said:

Yeah. That always makes me question what is in the wax melts.  There isn't a flame, so what issue are they preventing with this?

I make my own labels and I modify that to 1/4 inch, but the melters are made of heat resistant material, usually ceramic or glass, so they should be able to handle the heat even empty. 

Thanks Janice! I feel better now because I was thinking of just using the space for something a little more important like "This is not a Tide pod. Do not eat!" 🤣😂🤣

Edited by LilFirecracker
Rewording
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LilFirecracker said:

 "This is not a Tide pod. Do not eat!" 🤣😂🤣

Oh man.  I’ve seen way too many people take a bite out of wax melts and soap. 
some wax melts (and candles and soap)  look too much like food. 
 

at the ren Faire I had a shop at, one soap shop handed out little bits of soap from a wicker basket to people passing by. The shop is located where people are eating, like a kind of food court. They would laugh and keep score of all the “soap eaters” - people who would instinctively toss the piece of soap that looked like fudge - in their mouths.  I thought it was incredibly cruel, and dangerous given so many allergies we know of. Who the heck likes to be made a spectacle of in a crowded place (or any place).  Head scratcher why their sales continually drop, isn’t it? 

  • Shocked 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/17/2022 at 6:29 AM, LilFirecracker said:

I notice that all of the ready-made caution labels for melts have "Discontinue use is less than 1/2" of wax remains." There are many, many people who melt so little at one time that it doesn't even cover the bottom of the dish. Even putting 1 cube from a clamshell will barely cover the bottom, much less 1/2" so what do you tell someone who questions this? I have a warmer that has a dish at least 4" in diameter and I can put 2oz of wax in there and it still comes in just under 1/2". I was thinking of printing my own anyway, so I'm actually thinking about leaving this part out. Is there a good reason I should be keeping it since it doesn't really make sense regarding normal use anyway?

I make my own labels because of that 1/2 inch wording.  I just don't believe it unless I am missing something!  :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Oh man.  I’ve seen way too many people take a bite out of wax melts and soap. 
some wax melts (and candles and soap)  look too much like food. 
 

at the ren Faire I had a shop at, one soap shop handed out little bits of soap from a wicker basket to people passing by. The shop is located where people are eating, like a kind of food court. They would laugh and keep score of all the “soap eaters” - people who would instinctively toss the piece of soap that looked like fudge - in their mouths.  I thought it was incredibly cruel, and dangerous given so many allergies we know of. Who the heck likes to be made a spectacle of in a crowded place (or any place).  Head scratcher why their sales continually drop, isn’t it? 

Oh that is so mean!! It's such a shame that adults can be just as bad as kids when it comes to bullying, if not worse! There are some that look so amazingly yummy though. I just can't imagine putting all that work into it and selling at a price that people will actually pay. There's some crazy-talented peeps on Etsy. That's just too much work for me. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, pcbrook said:

I make my own labels because of that 1/2 inch wording.  I just don't believe it unless I am missing something!  :) 

Yeah makes me wonder what I'm missing because like I said... A lot of people will melt 1 or 2 cubes out of a standard clamshell and in a larger warmer, that'll barely cover the bottom of the dish. You don't wanna continue to add to it because you're diluting the scent each time. Ehhh....my paws are up in the air on that one. I don't think anyone pays attention to it anyway to tell you the truth. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ive always thought of those labels and any other warning label as a CYA kinda thing.  Everything has warning labels on them because of ... well.... ya know....  I never read them unless I want some low key entertainment LOL...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...