Has anyone tried MP-117 wax?

On 6/8/2022 at 2:40 PM, Sis said:

At what % would you start with in the blending of the two? I am ordering some now. I have been testing 6006/4625 that Jeff Stanley recommends.

Ok I am not a fan. Cure time one week. I did the mp 117 by itself, I blended it with 4625 and blended it with coconut wax. 6% oil and 10% - I will give it another week and if not better- I will be destashing what I have left

On 6/17/2022 at 10:00 PM, Sis said:

Ok I am not a fan. Cure time one week. I did the mp 117 by itself, I blended it with 4625 and blended it with coconut wax. 6% oil and 10% - I will give it another week and if not better- I will be destashing what I have left

Oh wow! I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with it. It would be a last resort for me. I've decided I'd like to stick with waxes that are available thru multiple outlets, and not just one specialty place. Like this is their proprietary blend. 

I have not tried this wax, but do not discount it completely. Waxes like this are good to add to soften other waxes. For example I would take this wax and blend with c3 because it is harder to burn. I would use it to increase adhesion. For tarts I would use it to soften up a pillar blend to make it melt easier.

Regarding Candle Science waxes. They give them then take them away with everything and that makes me insane. 

5 hours ago, LilFirecracker said:

Oh wow! I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with it. It would be a last resort for me. I've decided I'd like to stick with waxes that are available thru multiple outlets, and not just one specialty place. Like this is their proprietary blend. 

I tested next day- not good.. I tested 5 days later- still not good. I waited 8 days and all my oils were starting to separate. Even the 6% so I ended up trashing all I made.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2022 at 11:00 PM, Sis said:

if you're looking to destash some HMU please