Wax Drops

MommaD

On 1/5/2022 at 7:06 AM, ShelleyF said:

I bought some silicone mats to try it out. It was actually pretty easy. You just take the scraper and move real fast to get all the holes filled. It was very fast and I laughed at how easy it actually is.

I can see how that could work. That's neat that you experimented with it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 7:06 AM, ShelleyF said:

I bought some silicone mats to try it out. It was actually pretty easy. You just take the scraper and move real fast to get all the holes filled. It was very fast and I laughed at how easy it actually is.

Hey, I just came across this video where she does the same thing you are talking about, using a scraper, and it does look quick and easy. I thought of this post so I thought I'd share it. ☺️

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Laura C said:

Hey, I just came across this video where she does the same thing you are talking about, using a scraper, and it does look quick and easy. I thought of this post so I thought I'd share it. ☺️

neat. Though hard to make money with products that take so long to manufacture.

A wise advisor from my first business venture at 15 stressed being able to “volume” product. Your time is “fixed”, as in you can’t create more time.  How much can you produce in a fixed amount of production time? That sets the max $ you can possibly earn. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

neat. Though hard to make money with products that take so long to manufacture.

A wise advisor from my first business venture at 15 stressed being able to “volume” product. Your time is “fixed”, as in you can’t create more time.  How much can you produce in a fixed amount of production time? That sets the max $ you can possibly earn. 

Yes, I certainly agree and I don't have that much patience, LOL. Making wax drops is not for me, I was simply curious. Maybe the people that want to make them will find that video helpful. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Laura C said:

Yes, I certainly agree and I don't have that much patience, LOL. Making wax drops is not for me, I was simply curious. Maybe the people that want to make them will find that video helpful. 🤷‍♀️

Sure, very helpful and a good find. For someone making a small run of gifts where time is not as important it is a neat idea. 

though-that video maker should really wear a respirator playing with dry micas like that.  Those particles get airborne and into your nasal passages and lungs without much effort. And of course gloves for the mica and to minimize the FO transfer to hands. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TallTayl said:

though-that video maker should really wear a respirator playing with dry micas like that.  Those particles get airborne and into your nasal passages and lungs without much effort. And of course gloves for the mica and to minimize the FO transfer to hands. 

I know, I thought the same thing. Hopefully she didn't use protective gear only because she was making a video. She could have put the mica and wax drops in a plastic container with lid or baggie and gently shook it up.

Edited by Laura C
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is why I'm not too keen on the idea of even brushing mica on the outside of melts. Nobody wants that all over their hands when they're trying to put some in their warmer. I feel like coloring your wax with regular dye then using just a small amount of mica mixed in with the wax just for shimmer is much better. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, LilFirecracker said:

This is why I'm not too keen on the idea of even brushing mica on the outside of melts. Nobody wants that all over their hands when they're trying to put some in their warmer. I feel like coloring your wax with regular dye then using just a small amount of mica mixed in with the wax just for shimmer is much better. 

I guess some people like mica on the outside and it does look pretty but I agree with you, I don't like to deal with messy stuff If I don't have to, LOL. I do really like it mixed in the wax. Her melts and packaging are pretty.