Autumn orange color

Does anyone do an autumn orange or burnt orange color for fall. I would like to use like orange and brown. Do not like a bright orange color for pumpkins and such. Need to know how many drops per pound. I use eco 135 soy.

please help

melissa

I use dye blocks for my colors

Staert with the orange and make it very bright and depp.

Then add Ivory to this color to tone down the brightness of the orange but to keep the depth of color.

Finally, add the brown in and keep adding and testing on a paper plate.

Remeber that the color will back off by ten % when setup. Keep that in mind when mixing colors.

I do this wonder baked pumpkin color for both my Pumpkin Spice and My Amish Harvest! ;)

It is hard to tell someone how many drops of color to use to achieve a certain color. I would almost think about 5 drops of orange to 1 brown, but that is just a guess on my part, I usually just use straight orange in soy. Would be interested in what you come up with.

I got a block of rust color recently. the first time I used it I put in the normal amount I usually use and it came out a "creamsicle" color. Tried it again today and added more than usual and still didn't get rust but a pretty fall type prange color. Guess I won't be able to get a rust color to work in soy :rolleyes:

Autumn Orange at Bitter creek .. it is the dye chips though.. but is an Autumn orange.. just used it in a hot buttered rum.. but added a tad of deep yellow and a drop of brown.. came out like I wanted it to.. great color alone I think it would have been perfect for the Autumn orange color...Hth

Cathy