X shape in wax pool around wick when burning

NDD

Hi , in my coconut soy wax when burning I get what looks like a big x around the wick - I have used 4 different wicks , used a chopstick to pop any sink holes and it is still happening - does anyone know what I sm

doing wrong ? 

Thank you! 

B297409B-B126-4EC7-AF84-36BC4C10857F.png

5127C0D6-0F72-4F8A-8919-4B504D7344F2.png

Looks like it cracked apart while cooling causing a deep cavity. Like the table the candle was on was cold setting the bottom before the middle.

Do you poke all the way to the bottom in several places when looking for sink holes? I use a metal shish kebab skewer to create a rather wide pair of holes to fill with new wax.

• 3 months later...
On 12/24/2021 at 9:59 PM, NDD said:

Hi , in my coconut soy wax when burning I get what looks like a big x around the wick - I have used 4 different wicks , used a chopstick to pop any sink holes and it is still happening - does anyone know what I sm

doing wrong ? 

Thank you! 

B297409B-B126-4EC7-AF84-36BC4C10857F.png

5127C0D6-0F72-4F8A-8919-4B504D7344F2.png

This happened to me too. I was mixing my own blend of soy wax and coconut oil. And I saw this x shape on all three candles. I re melted the tops and am waiting to test. 

Did you figure it out? Has it happened before? My pouring temp was 140. What temp did you pour?