Lotion Candle

I was wondering if any of you have made Lotion Candles?  My hands are very dry and tend to get bad cuts on them along with bleed.  So, have been looking around to see about finding something to help them and found this.  

http://keatonthefoodie.blogspot.com/2012/10/how-to-make-lotion-candle.html

I've been tempted to give this a try, but wanted to see if any of you might have tried it first.  If so, do you have any suggestions?  Thanks for your input!

Cross-stitch

I have not made any Lotion/Massage candle, but I thought this might help you little.  We had some people in here that had interests in creating massage candles, so I believe they will response to your question.

https://spwax.com/products/MassageCandleBlend/sp-456

*Please be aware that lotion candles are under FDA regulations!

Good luck, and let us know how your project turns out!

• Like 2

A simple solution here in  N IL where my hands get ruined from farm and pottery work is either plain old Vaseline or Lanolin. 

wash your hands,  and while still a bit wet trap the moisture against your skin with a little of either to reduce TEWL (trans epidermal water loss). 

All the candle does is give a more complicated sensory device to smear oils, waxes and butters against the skin to reduce the evaporation of water already in the skin. It will not “add” moisture. 

these are not normally covered under insurance r various reasons, so if looking to make for sale do a thorough check to see what is covered versus not by your carrier. Technically these candles are classed as “drugs” by the FDA. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info!!!  I wasn't really interested in "selling" it, just making it to try to see if it did anything for my skin.  But, since those don't seem to lock in moisture it doesn't seem worth my time to try the recipe I found.  So, for that I'm thankful to have found out!!!!

12 hours ago, Cross-stitch said:

Thanks for the info!!!  I wasn't really interested in "selling" it, just making it to try to see if it did anything for my skin.  But, since those don't seem to lock in moisture it doesn't seem worth my time to try the recipe I found.  So, for that I'm thankful to have found out!!!!

If you have the time and desire, do give one a try. Personal experience is so much more engaging. 

• Thanks 1