Marble candles

I really want to make marble candles work but am not having much luck so far. I’m using paraffin taper dinner candles and dipping them.

First, I tried with marbling ink but it never fully dried on the candles. However, after about 2 months they dried enough to be sealed with varnish, and they burn safely but it’s not ideal to have to wait that long for them to be ready.

I then tried marbling paint (Marabu Easy Marble) and they dried and look amazing but they don’t burn safely; the wicks get clogged up with the paint and produce a massive flame. Maybe there’s a substance I could dip the wicks in that make them inflammable so I can sell them as display-only candles?

Anyone had any success with marbling candles? If so, would love to know brands of marbling inks/paints.

Thanks so much ☺️

Why don't you make marble candles the traditional way? You don't dip them to marble them. You whip the wax. Put your wax in a bowl and whip it to make it fluffy. Next add 1,2 3, or even 4 drops of color in different areas around the top of the wax. The amount of color depends on your taste and candle project. Then start lightly folding the wax together a couple of turns or so to blend it but not completely so the color 'marbles' naturally. Then spoon the wax into the mold. Tap the mold rigorously against the countertop to eliminate any air pockets. Allow to cool completely before unmolding.

Edited by Candybee

11 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Why don't you make marble candles the traditional way? You don't dip them to marble them. You whip the wax. Put your wax in a bowl and whip it to make it fluffy. Next add 1,2 3, or even 4 drops of color in different areas around the top of the wax. The amount of color depends on your taste and candle project. Then start lightly folding the wax together a couple of turns or so to blend it but not completely so the color 'marbles' naturally. Then spoon the wax into the mold. Tap the mold rigorously against the countertop to eliminate any air pockets. Allow to cool completely before unmolding.

Thank you ☺️ I don’t have much spare time so dipping is a much quicker method, but I’ll definitely bear your suggestion in mind if I can’t find a solution!