100% palm wax with vybar!

Rich

Thought that I'd share this.

Messing about experimenting with palm. This 18 inch palm taper had 3 tsp vybar 3451 added. It has created stunning marbling with the sky blue dye. Didn't expect that lol. Also, surface is hard as iron with glass like finish.

20211212_104857.jpg

• Like 3

Neat, that looks pretty. I've never used palm wax but I have used vybar with other waxes. Since the candle is so hard wonder if it will be difficult to wick? Does it have a wick? I have made some hard container candles in the past and they were hard to wick and melted very slowly. Which, in some cases could be a good thing.

• Like 1

Below is the 18 inch pyrex taper mould i used, standard black navy taper been made at present, again testing the MP20 wick. Love these moulds. Range from 8 inch to 36 inch for church.

Rich20211212_162300.thumb.jpg.76a7ec367b0d4f65e9dd825feb7f4957.jpg

2 hours ago, Rich said:

It is wicked, with a thick MP20 flat braid. Unfortunately, it burns like a horses ass. Wick destroyed and drowned out in half hour. Did not drip though.

Yeah, vybar can cause that.  As can the acidic nature of palm wax.

pretty to look at though. 

You know there is another use for that if you have the right molds. You could do the palm vybar as the outer candle shell with the candle inside for burning. All you would need to do is put a finished candle inside a slightly larger mold and pour around it. As the candle burns down you would want the outer 'shell' to stay intake. It would create a beautiful luminescent glowing candle as it burned as the glow of the candle goes through the shell.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/13/2021 at 5:26 PM, Candybee said:

You know there is another use for that if you have the right molds. You could do the palm vybar as the outer candle shell with the candle inside for burning. All you would need to do is put a finished candle inside a slightly larger mold and pour around it. As the candle burns down you would want the outer 'shell' to stay intake. It would create a beautiful luminescent glowing candle as it burned as the glow of the candle goes through the shell.

Great idea! I'd love to see what that looks like!