Hello everyone!

RichardLOZ

I was a very active member here back from 2009 for a number of years.

Unfortunately due to some circumstances and the fact that we moved states, we ceased making candles back in 2014.

Now after having moved states once again, we have decided to revive our candle making. We used to use both Palm and Soy waxes, however with so many people making jar candles these days, we have decided just to do our own thing, with the unique Rustic tin candles that we make in container Palm and a few melts.

Think of mid west American Primitive, but made here in Tasmania Australia.

Will be interesting to see if there are still any of the old crown here from when I was posting back 7 years ago.

In any case, nice to meet you all 😀

• Like 1

Richard it is so nice to have you back with us again! Congrats on your decision to start your candle biz up again and hope you are very successful!

Soy has changed a lot over the last few years so you may be in for a whirlwind of testing on that. But some people here have been having varying success taming the new soys and coconut blend waxes so they may be able to help you out.

Hey Candybee

Thanks for the warm welcome back here - its been almost 8 years i think since I last posted, and only came across the forum again when I was searching for something. So happy you all are still here!

As we are not planning on jars, and Soy has become stupidly expensive, especially as now being located in Tasmania, shipping from mainland Australia is a killer, we will be concentrating primarily on container palm in our Prim Tins, as well as melts to begin with.  No doubt Tracy will start on pillars in the new year as well as she cannot keep her creative streak locked up!

We have our first local market next weekend, with another the following, and that will be it until after Christmas.  We are very excited to be back in the game, and looking forward to learning more as well as hopefully being able to help others here from the experience that we have had over the years.

First batch of testers is almost finished burn tests, and I got about an 80% success rate with all of the new scents, so really happy about that.

• Like 1

Hi Belinda and thanks!

The site is looking a little sparse at the moment, and was only taken out of maintenance mode to enable us to get the bank account sorted for the business. Poured melts yesterday and have done some tins today with more scents to be done during the week.  Once that is done, Tracy will work her magic with the pics and then both the website and FB page should be back up and running.

Its great to be back and feels so good to be pouring once again. I now just have to work out how to get the oils from the US like we used to as none of our old suppliers are shipping to Australia any more, so may have to use a freight forwarder for that.  Also due to COVID factory Direct is also not shipping down here either, so have had to learn how to make my own rusty wire. Such is life, just more challenges to overcome, but definitely looking forward to creating again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/30/2021 at 2:46 PM, MommaD said:

Good to have you back.  I hadn't been on in a few years, and now I don't know anyone.  Wondering where they have all gone.  

I'm fairly new here - less than a year. But after reading 15+ years of posts, it seems like I've gotten to know a lot of the members from years back that I don't see anymore. I would love to see some of those reappear! One in particular that I grew to absolutely adore just by her posts won't be able to be with us.... 😥 But since y'all are slowly coming back, maybe I'll get to finally meet a few! 

• 6 months later...