4786 - Loving it!!!

LilFirecracker

I finally received the last wax I'm gonna test (yeah, right!) yesterday. Last night I went to work making melts in the portion cups. I did some straight and then 7 other combos with it. I was very surprised I didn't have a dip in the center since it's not a one-pour wax. It's just ever so slightly concave, but if you're not looking for it you won't see it. Comes out of the cup clean - takes one more round of squeezing than the others. I haven't tested any for throw yet, but I have a feeling it'll do great because it gave me such a hard time busting it up. Too hard to cut with a knife, almost too soft to bust up with a hammer. Tried the electric car ing knife - I would've been at it for hours. I brought it outside and tried busting it at so many angles against the concrete until I finally had it in enough pieces so it would fit in the Presto. Here's a few that I made straight!

20211127_081702.jpg

What happened to the edit option for posts? I wanted to go back and correct the part where I said it took one more round of squeezing to get it out of the cup than the other waxes. But I just popped another out and I didn't even finish squeezing the sides before it just fell right into my hand. I guess they weren't completely cooled when I tried last night. I'm very impatient!

ETA: Well the edit button showed up for this post. But it's still not showing for the other one. Is there a time limit for editing? I can't get rid of my laugh/cry emoji either...it just follows me. I can't erase it!!! 😂

Edited by LilFirecracker

I've never used 4786 in cups but have been making candles with it and I love the look of it! I do have to do a second pour though. I don't know why this wax isn't more popular.

Please let us know what you think about the throw when you melt them.

Oh, I also have to throw mine down over and over on the concrete to break it up. I've heard or read where if you put it in your freezer for a little while it'll break up easier. I haven't tried it yet though. For some reason the last batch I bought broke up really easy. I was pleasantly surprised about it. 

7 hours ago, Belinda said:

I've never used 4786 in cups but have been making candles with it and I love the look of it! I do have to do a second pour though. I don't know why this wax isn't more popular.

Please let us know what you think about the throw when you melt them.

Oh, I also have to throw mine down over and over on the concrete to break it up. I've heard or read where if you put it in your freezer for a little while it'll break up easier. I haven't tried it yet though. For some reason the last batch I bought broke up really easy. I was pleasantly surprised about it. 

BINGO!! Thank you, Belinda!! I never thought to try putting it in the freezer for a while! I was so ready to dig into it I wouldn't have wanted to wait either lol. But I'll definitely try that with the other half of the slab. It's a beautiful wax, and I'm so happy I didn't have dips in my cups. That was the one thing I was worried about. I usually like to wait a day or 2 after pouring before I start testing but impatient me couldn't wait. I started with my first tester straight and it's been going strong now for over 12 hours. I also mixed it 75/25 and 50/50 with 4630 and 4633 to see if I can gain anything from it or if it makes a difference either way. They all pop out easy. Now I want the throw to beat all throws!!! LOL don't we all!!! Thanks again for the freezer idea!

• Like 1