Low MP melts??

LilFirecracker

When making your melts geared toward sales, do you try to formulate yours to work in ALL warmers? Like the low-heat Scentsy ones that a lot of people have? I actually found a 2pc warmer at Wal-Mart that doesn't heat up much when I was expecting it to get pretty hot. I was going to return it until I realized that it's just about the same as the Scentsy warmer so I can use it to test. It still throws, yet I can pick up the dish and stick my finger in the wax like they say you can with theirs lol. Don't laugh but when I get bored I'm now obsessed with covering my fingers in the wax then peeling it off when cooled, which takes all of 10 seconds! I do make sure the one that's in there at the time is a skin-safe scent first!🤣

Anyway...I got off topic a little. I've been trying to get my combos with as low of a melt point as possible. I know averaging the 2 doesn't give you a true MP, but it's close enough of a guess I assume. A couple of my best combos are 130 and above. So I'm not sure which way to go with it. I do have a couple of people with a bunch of Scentsy warmers testing for me. I just sent one lady a mixture of low and higher MP testers. I have the testers coded so she won't know which is which. So do you try to go for the lowest MP while not compromising throw?

• 2 weeks later...

I have Scentsy warmers and I don’t have any problem getting them to melt higher MP waxes. Maybe if it’s directly under an a/c vent some unmelted wax will cling to the edge but it’s minor.  Maybe the newer warmers are different??? I  really don’t know.  I just make what I want to make and no one has ever complained.

We make our melts with Pillar Palm which as you would be aware has a pretty high melt point.  We have never had any issues in either electric or tea-light burners, and have never had any customers come back with any comments about them not melting. If palm works in pretty much any burner I don't expect that you would have any issues with what you are producing with a much lower melt point?

Thanks both of you for chiming in! I know the new Wal-Mart warmers take at least an hour to melt a 1oz 124mp melt. I have another that'll melt the same in less than 30min. I did want to try the feather Palm at one time but I was scared of them not melting right. I know quite a few do use it with great results though! I do love 4625 mixed with actually any of the IGI container waxes. I'm just trying to narrow down which to use by cold/hot throw, ease of release from portion cup and warmer dish. Decisions, decisions....