lotion bars using soy

kayearthgrown

I actually found the soy lotion bar was very greasy and my testers hated them, so I went back to my tried and true beeswax formula. I'm sure there are others that just love them....so you'll have to try one and see what you think!! I don't have a recipe any longer, so someone else will have to help you with that! :cool2:

If you want to try soy wax in one, take a standard lotion bar recipe and sub out 5% beeswax & 5% hard butter with soy wax.

Make a small batch and keep good notes. Let it firm up and try it. If you want it harder add the 5% butter back in. Let it firm up and try again. Then keep adjusting and adding to your notes til you get what you want. Then add some FO.

I tried those using a soy blend wax from NG. The only thing I added was some very light FO. The people that bought them from me absolutely loved them. These ladies were diabetics so the skin on their elbows and feet cracked really bad. Within a few weeks of using them, they saw a MAJOR improvement... I dont make em anymore, but thought I would add my comment to this topic :)