Packaging for Hand-Delivered Sales

anncal

Hi all, back again after a bit of a crazed candle making montage.  I've got what I think is a pretty good product now thanks in great part to help from the lovely folks here.  I'm getting ready to start selling on a small scale, getting the paperwork together to create an LLC, talking to insurance companies etc.  One thing I'm not sure of is how to deliver an order to folks I know locally who order from me.  Do I just...hand them a candle?  I'd almost like a bag or box to put it in, but don't want to increase my cost unnecessarily, or use plastic packaging.  I like the idea of cheap kraft bags with raffia handles and a logo sticker, but I'm not thrilled about the dimensions of the ones I'm able to find.  What have you folks done/bought that works well?  My initial product is an 8 oz tin candle with 3" base diameter.

For most of my in person sales I use brown or white lunch bags,  I have a stamp with my company name and info, and a stamp of my logo.  (same as my avatar).. My husband stamps the bags for me while he is watching tv   :) .  This is the least expensive option I've found.  People tell me the bags are cute.

• Like 1