My package is in limbo

Candybee

I ordered my supplies more than a week ago and would get notices when shipped, en route, where en route it was, and estimated delivery dates, etc. It is now with Fedex and when I check on it I no longer get a delivery date. How can I get delivery dates then suddenly Fedex is saying "delivery date pending" and "no scheduled delivery date at this time"? All I know is it now somewhere in Indiana when it started out in Nashville. I am in Virginia. So... ?

Thank goodness I have enough supplies to last me until they arrive. I am just a little baffled by it all.

We get deliveries daily from all carriers and we see that much too often lately.  With FedEx it can mean that the package is irretrievably lost.  Or it can mean that it was not loaded onto the truck at the hub as excepted and will be on a later truck.  Or it could be that it just wasn't loaded onto the delivery van.  Those contract drivers can be really lax about delivering what they are supposed to deliver for the day, and sometimes they just go home without delivering everything on their truck.  FedEx is really a pain.  Customer service can never give you a definitive answer, unless they can blame it on inclement weather...and they'll do that if there's a wisp of cloud in the sky.  We always just have to wait and see.  Sometimes the company that shipped it will go ahead and send a replacement out and just ask you to refuse delivery or return the original if it arrives, but that's pretty rare for us.

• Like 1

Well it is somewhere en route and nowhere near the delivery hub waiting on a delivery truck. So I guess I am just hoping it doesn't get waylaid in some corner and forgotten. I am beginning not to appreciate FedEx thou. The other day they delived my neighbors packages to me and I had to "redeliver" them. Plus that ain't the first time FedEx has done that to me.

Sounds like it could be an on the wrong truck...en route to the wrong hub...kind of thing.  Good luck!
FedEx used to be pretty reliable until they switched to contract drivers. Now there is pretty much no accountability and we just get it when they want us to have it. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

I’ll need to check which FedEx location was just opened and  causing all the trouble. I want to say anything routed through Alabama but I’ll need to double check. Anything going through one particular hub has been stopped for weeks.

Update, my package is now in Kansas City, MO and marked "delayed". If I look at a google map Nashville TN to Front Royal VA is due east. It first went from Nashville north to Indiana, and then ended going south west to Kansas City, MO. Sounds pretty loopy to me!!!!!🤣

Edited by Candybee

16 hours ago, Candybee said:

Update, my package is now in Kansas City, MO and marked "delayed". If I look at a google map Nashville TN to Front Royal VA is due east. It first went from Nashville north to Indiana, and then ended going south west to Kansas City, MO. Sounds pretty loopy to me!!!!!🤣

I hate when silly routes like that happen.  Not looking forward to winter storms that wreck the already fragile transportation system. 

last holiday season most of my packages had to reroute west to go to the east coast (where they sat for weeks). 

thanks for the heads up about FedEx being so unreliable right now.  I’ve been getting some pretty good rates (and delivery times so far) for UPS through shippo. Fingers crossed everyone shops early and we do not have a re-do of last December, 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Sending happy package arrival energy to you.

im still peeved at FedEx for dumping a case of bayberry wax instead of delivering to my doorstep earlier in the year. If that driver only knew what he tossed into a dumpster. 😬

WTH???? Do tell the story. Why did they dump it??!!!😲

13 hours ago, Candybee said:

WTH???? Do tell the story. Why did they dump it??!!!😲

The seller never properly taped boxes of wax for ups/FedEx. No matter how many times i asked, they ignored it.  So every shipment of wax was a crap shoot if it would leak.

nobody ever properly tapes boxes of wax, ever notice that? Every box arrives torn and broken. 

anyway… one of two boxes arrived in rough shape. I asked the sales rep where the other one was. He didn’t feel like looking into it and told me to do it myself. 😳🙄😣😡🤬. So I did. FedEx claimed it was an empty box and threw it out. No notes about the very expensive and hard to get bayberry wax contents 🤬😡🤬😡

since the box broke open the driver just got annoyed and threw it all out. 

• Shocked 1

Surely there must be consequences for a carrier to "lose" a package? Hope you got reimbursed.

I remember when I used to order wax that came in slabs and they would often arrive in torn boxes. I would always check the slabs and often found dirt and debris that had to be cleaned off when the boxes were torn. If the wax was bagged, then boxed this tended to help in shipping but not always. Plus not all suppliers bothered to even bag the wax prior to boxing it up. Those slabs were the most often the ones that arrived dirty.

Now I order palm and it comes in a thick sealed brown paper bag that is then packaged inside a box for shipping by the supplier. So far have not had any problems with it. The bags look like they must be the original bags the manufacturer packaged them in as they have the Malaysian? Indonesian? company name printed on the bag.

I love those bags too!  Only a couple of places can manage to ship well. 

I ended up finding help with my bank.  Neither the reseller, nor FedEx (or even the original seller who contracted with the reseller) would help. Thank you bank for having my back.